One more for the evening.....my uncle Vincenzo "Jimmy" Savasta. My grandmother's brother. Uncle Jimmy was the second youngest of 5 with my grandmother being the youngest. Any hep in translating is greatly appreciated as I am sharing with other family members. My father is enjoying everything I share with him.
Entry 106
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
-
RichieFlip73
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 26 Dec 2017, 21:46
Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
Researching Geraci Siculo as well as Filippone and Savasta surnames.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
Birth Record No 106: Vincenzo Savasta son of Vincenzo (Savasta) and of Anna Rosa Alesso
Geraci Siculo: 17 November 1909
Vincenzo Savasta, 44 yo, Shepherd (Pastore), living in Geraci Siculo, reported that at 11 pm on 14 November, in the house in Vicolo Alcione, from his wife, Anna Rosa Alesso, a casalinga (housewife/domestic), was born a baby boy who he presented and gave the name Vincenzo.
Witnesses:
Mauro Veglia, 38 yo, Borgese (small landowner) and Bartolo Lidestri, 50 yo, Villico (peasant/farmer).
Angela
Geraci Siculo: 17 November 1909
Vincenzo Savasta, 44 yo, Shepherd (Pastore), living in Geraci Siculo, reported that at 11 pm on 14 November, in the house in Vicolo Alcione, from his wife, Anna Rosa Alesso, a casalinga (housewife/domestic), was born a baby boy who he presented and gave the name Vincenzo.
Witnesses:
Mauro Veglia, 38 yo, Borgese (small landowner) and Bartolo Lidestri, 50 yo, Villico (peasant/farmer).
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
I think the name in the town is Neglia not Veglia. It looks more like a V now that I've taken another look.AngelaGrace56 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 08:29 Birth Record No 106: Vincenzo Savasta son of Vincenzo (Savasta) and of Anna Rosa Alesso
Geraci Siculo: 17 November 1909
Vincenzo Savasta, 44 yo, Shepherd (Pastore), living in Geraci Siculo, reported that at 11 pm on 14 November, in the house in Vicolo Alcione, from his wife, Anna Rosa Alesso, a casalinga (housewife/domestic), was born a baby boy who he presented and gave the name Vincenzo.
Witnesses:
Mauro Neglia, 38 yo, Borgese (small landowner) and Bartolo Lidestri, 50 yo, Villico (peasant/farmer).
Angela
Angela
-
bbivona
- Master

- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 00:43
- Location: Texas e Sicilia, provincia di Trapani
Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
I agree. Definitely Neglia. I have seen it in other family documents, and that's a surname found in that town.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
Well actually, to be honest, I took the hint from one of your fantastic translations, which included the name Neglia.bbivona wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 17:17 I agree. Definitely Neglia. I have seen it in other family documents, and that's a surname found in that town.
Angela