Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
RichieFlip73
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 26 Dec 2017, 21:46

Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate

Post by RichieFlip73 »

One more for the evening.....my uncle Vincenzo "Jimmy" Savasta. My grandmother's brother. Uncle Jimmy was the second youngest of 5 with my grandmother being the youngest. Any hep in translating is greatly appreciated as I am sharing with other family members. My father is enjoying everything I share with him.

Entry 106
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Researching Geraci Siculo as well as Filippone and Savasta surnames.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth Record No 106: Vincenzo Savasta son of Vincenzo (Savasta) and of Anna Rosa Alesso

Geraci Siculo: 17 November 1909
Vincenzo Savasta, 44 yo, Shepherd (Pastore), living in Geraci Siculo, reported that at 11 pm on 14 November, in the house in Vicolo Alcione, from his wife, Anna Rosa Alesso, a casalinga (housewife/domestic), was born a baby boy who he presented and gave the name Vincenzo.

Witnesses:
Mauro Veglia, 38 yo, Borgese (small landowner) and Bartolo Lidestri, 50 yo, Villico (peasant/farmer).

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 08:29 Birth Record No 106: Vincenzo Savasta son of Vincenzo (Savasta) and of Anna Rosa Alesso

Geraci Siculo: 17 November 1909
Vincenzo Savasta, 44 yo, Shepherd (Pastore), living in Geraci Siculo, reported that at 11 pm on 14 November, in the house in Vicolo Alcione, from his wife, Anna Rosa Alesso, a casalinga (housewife/domestic), was born a baby boy who he presented and gave the name Vincenzo.

Witnesses:
Mauro Neglia, 38 yo, Borgese (small landowner) and Bartolo Lidestri, 50 yo, Villico (peasant/farmer).

Angela
I think the name in the town is Neglia not Veglia. It looks more like a V now that I've taken another look.

Angela
bbivona
Master
Master
Posts: 1154
Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 00:43
Location: Texas e Sicilia, provincia di Trapani

Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate

Post by bbivona »

I agree. Definitely Neglia. I have seen it in other family documents, and that's a surname found in that town.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

bbivona wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 17:17 I agree. Definitely Neglia. I have seen it in other family documents, and that's a surname found in that town.
Well actually, to be honest, I took the hint from one of your fantastic translations, which included the name Neglia.

Angela :)
Post Reply