Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Hi Nuccia,

Did you fill out the form 639 for the Alien Registration Records? If not, what form, if any, did you use? Last question, did it cost anything?

Thanks! :D
Julie
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by nuccia »

Actually I just contacted people who I thought may have been related to my great grandfather and I was lucky enough to find his brothers children. It turned out that they had the orginal documents and many other of my great grandfathers personal belongings so they gave them to me. :D :D :D

Let me view the forms and see if there is a contact on one of the applications that might give us some clues on how you can order the documents you're requesting.

Don't give up...contact everyone you can and you may get lucky. Of course I had alot of help from the people here, especially Maria. I was attached to the computer for weeks and one day I struck gold. I hope this for you.

I'll get back to you soon.

Nuccia :D
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

QUOTE: Hi, perhaps will be helpful for to find the right birthplace of Salvatore Saccaro ( I think that he born in some common of Palermo province, perhaps Corleone town): in Palermo Archive are the draft card from 1841 to 1911.
U f f i c i o d i l e v a d i P a l e r m o , regg. 392 (classi 1841-1911).

you can send a request aspa @ archivi.beniculturali.it (NO SPACES) or by normal letter:

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI PALERMO

Corso Vittorio Emanuele 31
90133 Palermo (PA)
Italy

and you write the probable birthyear and the parent's names..
regards, suanj


Suanj,

Does this place also hold birth records or does it just have the draft cards?

Thanks for all of your help :D

Julie
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by suanj »

in this archive are also the original civil records and more, but for to know the right place of your ancestor is better to ask this record, and after that you know right birthplace( from this record) you can write again or in this archive, or in the city hall office directly ( also they have the originals), or you see the LDS microfilms.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Hi Suanj,

I typed a letter to send and I was wondering if you could take a look at it and make sure it sounds ok.

http://www.italiangenealogy.tardio.com/ ... pic&t=4576

Thank you suanj! :D :D

Julie
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Suanj,

I just sent the letter off that you helped me with. Will let you know when I get a response.

Thank you so much for your help. :D

Julie
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Just received this in the mail. Suanj, you were right on target knowing where my family was from. You are good!! :lol: :lol:

I received the Declaration of Intention for Joseph, which proves that the 1920 census stating he was a citizen by 1918 was wrong. I was very suprised to see he sailed to New York. I had always assumed he came to New Orleans.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2896 ... ent8lp.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/117/ellarepat4nx.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4756/s ... ge37ax.jpg

Not sure if the third link means anything, but I thought I would post it anyway and see if it does mean anything at all.

So now we know, definitely, my family came from Corleone. So I guess my question now is, where do I go from here?

Suanj, I still haven't gotten a reply from the Palermo Archives. I will post the reply once I hear back from them.

Once again, you all have been wonderful in helping find my ancestors. I hope I can do the same for the next person that needs help. :D

Julie :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by wldspirit »

Julie.....this is great!!!! It is always exciting to discover documents on the family....better than xmas presents!!!!!!!! :D

Have you checked the Lds for microfilmed records of Corleone?

Lisa
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Lisa,

You're right, it is very exciting. :D. It is so interesting to see where part of my family came from. I can't believe how much time I devote to searching. I never thought it would be this interesting and addicting.
I haven't checked any Lds records yet because I won't be back in Louisiana until sometime early August. I can't wait to get home because it will open up a whole new area to start searching. Right now, I'm limited to my searches via internet. I wonder if there is a place I can check into Lds microfilmed records here in Germany.... I'll have to look into that.

Julie
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Julie,

So glad that your research is progressing so well. :D


Think we have created another "GENEALOGY NUT.".................. They are the NICEST PEOPLE!


jcsm :)
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Hi all,

Is it possible to find marriage records online that are dated sometime between 1938-1946? I am looking for my grandparents marriage certificate. I can't ask my grandfather because I never knew him and I really don't want to ask my grandmother because I don't think that's something she cares to remember. She and my biological grandfather (Salvador Saccaro) were only married for a short time. Both children (my father and my aunt) from that marriage have passed away so I really have no one to ask. I thought I would post the question here since you all know so much more about research than I do. I'm hoping some of you are able to guide me in the right direction. I have looked on ancestry.com and familysearch.org but I haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks. :D

Julie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by wldspirit »

Marriage records for New Orleans?
Lisa
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Lisa,

I believe they were married in Baton Rouge or at least East Baton Rouge Parish.

Julie
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by ricbru »

JSaccaro,
since you know where joseph was born you can request a copy of birth act and/or a birth certificate to the following Corleone civil record office

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Garibaldi
90034 Corleone (PA)
Italy

corleone@intsv.com.

bye Riccardo
User avatar
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname

Post by JSaccaro »

Riccardo,

I wrote an email earlier to this email address that suanj posted earlier

aspa @ archivi.beniculturali.it

Here is the letter:

www.italiangenealogy.t...pic&t=4576

Should I write another email to the address you posted? I still haven't heard back from the email I sent earlier this week.

Julie
Post Reply