https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1463113
Above is the Onondaga County, NY census for 1905 for my great grandfather James Alia (lines 37 to 40), his wife Mary and their two children Rosia and what looks to be a son with the first name of Fioreavanto. Has anyone heard of this first name before? It's throwing me for a loop as no one in the family has ever heard of this child. Thanks.
Census question
Re: Census question
Fioravante and Fioravanti are male first names.
T.
T.
Re: Census question
Thanks, Tessa. In my genealogy research thus far, I have yet to come up with any other family member with this name. Interesting to say the least. Is it a name specifically to a certain region (as my roots are in Caulonia)?
Lynne
Re: Census question
I see in the 1910 US Census that there is no listing of a son.
Wife, Marie, indicates that she has had 5 children but only 3 survive.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/78 ... PUBJs=true
T.
Wife, Marie, indicates that she has had 5 children but only 3 survive.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/78 ... PUBJs=true
T.
Re: Census question
Yes, I saw that also. He must've died very young. I have a copy of that census from when I had an Ancestry.com membership. I don't have a current membership (was at a dead end at the time and decided to cancel it). I'm unsure if there's any obit info on him in the Syracuse newspapers from back then. One of these days when I go home to Syracuse for a visit, I might just have to visit the local library and check the newspapers from that time frame.Tessa78 wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 19:51 I see in the 1910 US Census that there is no listing of a son.
Wife, Marie, indicates that she has had 5 children but only 3 survive.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/78 ... PUBJs=true
T.
Lynne

