Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
anthony71688
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Mar 2019, 01:44

Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?

Post by anthony71688 »

Hi I'm looking for information on my great grandfather Alessandro Porzio born August 1st 1894. I'm trying to find boarding information on him such as where in italy he came over from. It may have been sicily but I'm not sure. He came over to the US in or around 1910. I would also like to find out who his parents were. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite
Posts: 390
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
Location: Austin TX

Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?

Post by NickAndreola »

Anthony, I responded to you on the Casalvecchio post. Since then I did a little digging. Look at your GGM's profile at the SOURCES. I added links to Alessandro's birth/death/Immigration and to Baldassare's birth in 1857 in PIETRAMONTECORVINO.
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite
Posts: 390
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
Location: Austin TX

Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?

Post by NickAndreola »

and your GGGM Maria Raffaela Iadarola's birth in 1858 also in PIETRAMONTECORVINO
Adelphio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Mar 2019, 02:12

Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?

Post by Adelphio »

Is this your Alessandro

NAME: Alessandro Porzio
BIRTH DATE: 4 Aug 1896
BIRTH LOCATION: Pitho Monto Corvino Foggia, Italy
FATHER NAME: Bardasaro Porzio
COLLECTION TITLE: OSIA Massachusetts Membership Applications
ARCHIVE: Immigration History Research Center (IHRC)
ARCHIVE LOCATION: University of Minnesota
COLLECTION TITLE: OSIA Massachusetts Membership Applications

Marty
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite
Posts: 390
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
Location: Austin TX

Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?

Post by NickAndreola »

That would be him--birth date is off and his town of birth is garbled terribly :lol:

This is on ancestry and was actually free---surprise---and a new source for me---Thanks Marty!

BTW---many of the hometowns for the folks I've done a quick look at are waaaaay off their correct spelling!
Post Reply