Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?
-
anthony71688
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 31 Mar 2019, 01:44
Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?
Hi I'm looking for information on my great grandfather Alessandro Porzio born August 1st 1894. I'm trying to find boarding information on him such as where in italy he came over from. It may have been sicily but I'm not sure. He came over to the US in or around 1910. I would also like to find out who his parents were. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-
NickAndreola
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
- Location: Austin TX
Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?
Anthony, I responded to you on the Casalvecchio post. Since then I did a little digging. Look at your GGM's profile at the SOURCES. I added links to Alessandro's birth/death/Immigration and to Baldassare's birth in 1857 in PIETRAMONTECORVINO.
-
NickAndreola
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
- Location: Austin TX
Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?
and your GGGM Maria Raffaela Iadarola's birth in 1858 also in PIETRAMONTECORVINO
Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?
Is this your Alessandro
NAME: Alessandro Porzio
BIRTH DATE: 4 Aug 1896
BIRTH LOCATION: Pitho Monto Corvino Foggia, Italy
FATHER NAME: Bardasaro Porzio
COLLECTION TITLE: OSIA Massachusetts Membership Applications
ARCHIVE: Immigration History Research Center (IHRC)
ARCHIVE LOCATION: University of Minnesota
COLLECTION TITLE: OSIA Massachusetts Membership Applications
Marty
NAME: Alessandro Porzio
BIRTH DATE: 4 Aug 1896
BIRTH LOCATION: Pitho Monto Corvino Foggia, Italy
FATHER NAME: Bardasaro Porzio
COLLECTION TITLE: OSIA Massachusetts Membership Applications
ARCHIVE: Immigration History Research Center (IHRC)
ARCHIVE LOCATION: University of Minnesota
COLLECTION TITLE: OSIA Massachusetts Membership Applications
Marty
-
NickAndreola
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 14:59
- Location: Austin TX
Re: Looking for information on Alessandro porzio?
That would be him--birth date is off and his town of birth is garbled terribly
This is on ancestry and was actually free---surprise---and a new source for me---Thanks Marty!
BTW---many of the hometowns for the folks I've done a quick look at are waaaaay off their correct spelling!
This is on ancestry and was actually free---surprise---and a new source for me---Thanks Marty!
BTW---many of the hometowns for the folks I've done a quick look at are waaaaay off their correct spelling!
