Translation Recommendations

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
tag_wolverine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Mar 2019, 13:25
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Translation Recommendations

Post by tag_wolverine »

I am looking for any recommendations for translation services of official documents at an affordable price. I am applying for citizenship jure sanguinis at the Detroit consulate. I've reached out to a couple of companies and they are charging quite a bit per document. Has anyone found someone that was accepted by the consulates at a decent rate?

Also, do I need to have all of the documents submitted translated into Italian or just those that are for the direct line? I'm going through my father's side, so for example, does my mother's birth certificate need to be translated?

Thank you all!
User avatar
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite
Posts: 398
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
Location: California

Re: Translation Recommendations

Post by TerraLavoro »

I used Gabriella, although a few years ago, she was prompt and fair-priced, see link:

https://www.proz.com/profile/28244

With respect to your second question, document requirements vary depending on the consulate at which you will apply. Check with the Detroit consulate to verify their requirements....that is if you are applying based on your Ann Arbor location.
TerraLavoro
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Translation Recommendations

Post by mler »

Avepally at https://www.fiverr.com/ did my latest documents. Beautifully done, fast and reasonable.
JamesM
Elite
Elite
Posts: 444
Joined: 19 Mar 2015, 00:49
Location: Esperia, Italy

Re: Translation Recommendations

Post by JamesM »

Second that for Avepally
tag_wolverine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Mar 2019, 13:25
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Translation Recommendations

Post by tag_wolverine »

Thanks!
User avatar
ItalianTranslator
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 44
Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 18:05
Contact:

Re: Translation Recommendations

Post by ItalianTranslator »

Obviously I cannot self-recommend myself, but you can get an idea of my work by clicking on my signature.
🇺🇸🇬🇧🇮🇹 ATA and CIOL translator, providing certified translations for applicants in the US and UK. Listed in Los Angeles and London consulates.
Post Reply