Question from Death Cert

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Bob

Question from Death Cert

Post by Bob »

Does this line refer to Lucia's mother Angela's relationship to Giovanni? I think she was his first wife, just want to know if that's what this line says. Thank you.
LuciaAsciutto1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 441
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Question from Death Cert

Post by mjclayton1 »

Lucia was mentioned as being the son of (deceased) Giovanni, as well as (deceased) Angela (the mother). The underlined text is hard to make out, but I’m sure someone else here will figure it out for you.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Question from Death Cert

Post by Tessa78 »

mjclayton1 wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 01:02 Lucia was mentioned as being the sdaughterof (deceased) Giovanni, as well as (deceased) Angela (the mother). The underlined text is hard to make out, but I’m sure someone else here will figure it out for you.
She was the widow of deceased Agostino.

T.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 441
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Question from Death Cert

Post by mjclayton1 »

Tessa78 wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 01:35
mjclayton1 wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 01:02 Lucia was mentioned as being the sdaughterof (deceased) Giovanni, as well as (deceased) Angela (the mother). The underlined text is hard to make out, but I’m sure someone else here will figure it out for you.
She was the widow of deceased Agostino.

T.
Hi, T. See what I get for trying to help? A seriously bruised ego! 😊(j/k). I appreciate being corrected here. You guys (and gals) are the BEST!!!

I should’ve known by “vedova” that I was wrong on on the gender. A silly mistake. I couldn’t read the name of the person, tho’. That sort of threw me (although Lucia is, of course, a female name). Not my finest hour here!

Enjoy the 4th of July - wherever you are!!!

Mark
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Question from Death Cert

Post by Tessa78 »

Non ti preoccupare!

The handwriting is very difficult. You did a great job!

T.
bob1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Jul 2019, 15:15

Re: Question from Death Cert

Post by bob1 »

Thanks for the answers, but I already understood those relationships. The reason I'm asking about the underlined part is that I have one of Lucia's siblings born to Giovanni and Angela and others born to Giovanni and Antonia. I just want to make sure that he was married twice and that a couple of the other death records aren't in error concerning the mother's name. I was thinking that might be what this line says.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Question from Death Cert

Post by PippoM »

The underlined part reads "per esecuzione della legge ci siamo trasferiti insieme ai due testimoni", that would be "as required by law, we moved with the two witnesses", that doesn't add anything interesting for your research.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply