Hi! Hoping someone can help me on this.
I have my citizenship appointment in December and have all of my documents, apostilles, and translations BUT
I discovered that my deceased grandmother (not direct Italian line) was at some point married and divorced in Germany prior to marrying my deceased Grandfather (direct Italian line). This occurred in 1946, no one in the family ever knew about it, and I just discovered this on her US marriage certificate.
She married my grandfather in 1947 in New York, and had my mother in 1951.
Now, Germany destroys all divorce records after 30 years, so nothing exists in Germany.
Is this going to be an issue? If so, what can I do about it (I see something about a No Decree statement?)
Thanks!
Italian Citizenship and divorce
- ItalianTranslator
- Rookie

- Posts: 44
- Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 18:05
- Contact:
Re: Italian Citizenship and divorce
I don't think this is going to be an issue because she is not in your direct line. What is your consulate?
Paola
Paola
Re: Italian Citizenship and divorce
I was assuming that, but just wanted to get some feedback
Consulate is New York
Consulate is New York
