Antonio Lombardo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Mommypants3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Dec 2019, 02:01

Antonio Lombardo

Post by Mommypants3 »

Hello, I'm hoping for some help finding out about my great-grandfather, Antonio Lombardo, and his parents, whom I do not know. He was born March 1879 in Muro Lucano, Italy and later immigrated to America. He married Mary born in 1884, possibly Le Morte, in Italy and they had their first child, Rose, before coming here. I have been looking through several ancestry websites and have had no luck. There are plenty of Lombardo's but I can't find to seem the ones I'm related to. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Antonio Lombardo

Post by Italysearcher »

Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Antonio Lombardo

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the marriage of Antonio Lombardi and Maria Donata Lamorte on 10 November 1901.

This confirms the birth act that Anne posted above, with parents of Antonio being Giuseppe Lombardi and Rosa Lomonaco. Antonio's father is deceased at the time of his marriage.
Maria is 18, and her parents are Francescantonio Lamorte and Anna Maria Dileo.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483052

Here is birth of daughter Rosa, named after Antonio's mother, on 19 December 1902.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483052

T.
Mommypants3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Dec 2019, 02:01

Re: Antonio Lombardo

Post by Mommypants3 »

Wow! I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to both of you! I am so grateful that you guys took your own time to help me research my family. My father never knew his grandparents' names and I know this brought him unmatchable joy. Now I will continue my research with this new information. Thank you again and Happy New Year!!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Antonio Lombardo

Post by Tessa78 »

Mommypants3 wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 18:57 Wow! I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to both of you! I am so grateful that you guys took your own time to help me research my family. My father never knew his grandparents' names and I know this brought him unmatchable joy. Now I will continue my research with this new information. Thank you again and Happy New Year!!
It's what we do! :-)

Let us know if we can be of help again.

T.
Mommypants3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 31 Dec 2019, 02:01

Re: Antonio Lombardo

Post by Mommypants3 »

Hello again! While I do feel guilty asking for more help, here I am! :wink: I have been looking into the information you guys provided and came across a death record of Giuseppe Lombardi. I can't really read it, as I'm not fluent in Italian and was hoping someone could help. I was curious if there were any clues that could help me figure out if he is in fact the Giuseppe I'm looking for. I have included the record as an attachment. Thank you!

Gina Lombardo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Antonio Lombardo

Post by Tessa78 »

This Giuseppe was age 82 when he died, so born about 1815, and he was the widower of Caterina Travaglio.

Death in 1897.

T.
Post Reply