Antonio Lombardo
-
Mommypants3
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 31 Dec 2019, 02:01
Antonio Lombardo
Hello, I'm hoping for some help finding out about my great-grandfather, Antonio Lombardo, and his parents, whom I do not know. He was born March 1879 in Muro Lucano, Italy and later immigrated to America. He married Mary born in 1884, possibly Le Morte, in Italy and they had their first child, Rose, before coming here. I have been looking through several ancestry websites and have had no luck. There are plenty of Lombardo's but I can't find to seem the ones I'm related to. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Antonio Lombardo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=2000294
I believe this is him.
I believe this is him.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Antonio Lombardo
Here is the marriage of Antonio Lombardi and Maria Donata Lamorte on 10 November 1901.
This confirms the birth act that Anne posted above, with parents of Antonio being Giuseppe Lombardi and Rosa Lomonaco. Antonio's father is deceased at the time of his marriage.
Maria is 18, and her parents are Francescantonio Lamorte and Anna Maria Dileo.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483052
Here is birth of daughter Rosa, named after Antonio's mother, on 19 December 1902.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483052
T.
This confirms the birth act that Anne posted above, with parents of Antonio being Giuseppe Lombardi and Rosa Lomonaco. Antonio's father is deceased at the time of his marriage.
Maria is 18, and her parents are Francescantonio Lamorte and Anna Maria Dileo.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483052
Here is birth of daughter Rosa, named after Antonio's mother, on 19 December 1902.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483052
T.
-
Mommypants3
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 31 Dec 2019, 02:01
Re: Antonio Lombardo
Wow! I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to both of you! I am so grateful that you guys took your own time to help me research my family. My father never knew his grandparents' names and I know this brought him unmatchable joy. Now I will continue my research with this new information. Thank you again and Happy New Year!!
Re: Antonio Lombardo
It's what we do!Mommypants3 wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 18:57 Wow! I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to both of you! I am so grateful that you guys took your own time to help me research my family. My father never knew his grandparents' names and I know this brought him unmatchable joy. Now I will continue my research with this new information. Thank you again and Happy New Year!!
Let us know if we can be of help again.
T.
-
Mommypants3
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 31 Dec 2019, 02:01
Re: Antonio Lombardo
Hello again! While I do feel guilty asking for more help, here I am!
I have been looking into the information you guys provided and came across a death record of Giuseppe Lombardi. I can't really read it, as I'm not fluent in Italian and was hoping someone could help. I was curious if there were any clues that could help me figure out if he is in fact the Giuseppe I'm looking for. I have included the record as an attachment. Thank you!
Gina Lombardo
Gina Lombardo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Antonio Lombardo
This Giuseppe was age 82 when he died, so born about 1815, and he was the widower of Caterina Travaglio.
Death in 1897.
T.
Death in 1897.
T.