Hi everyone,
Is there anyone able to translate the marriage certificate of my great, great grandparents? Luigi and Carmela Amabile.
Link
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Translation of Marriage Certificate
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Marriage Certificate
Marriage No 121: Luigi Amabile and Carmela Sorrentino
Cava de Tirreni: 11 September 1884
Appearing before the official were:
Luigi Amabile, Celibe (never before married), 22 yo, industriante (manufacturer/trader), born and residing in Passiano, son of Giovanni, and of the deceased Mariantonia Cefaro?/Cafaro*?
and
Carmela Sorrentino, 24 yo, nubile (never before married), tessatrice (weaver), born and residing Passiano, daughter of the deceased Innocenzio, and of Maddalena Benincasa, both residing therein.
The other two people mentioned there, Pasquale Fiorilla, 53 yo, Usciere (usher/doorkeeper), and Emiddio Consiglio, 23 yo, Usciere, are just the witnesses to the proceedings.
The handwritten section is just saying that the necessary documents were presented in order for the marriage to take place, and that the banns were posted on 10 and 17 August. The father of the groom, had given his consent for the marriage to take place.
*In the record I am reading Cefaro but in the town today it seems to be spelt Cafaro. I'm sure with further research you will be able to establish the correct spelling.
Angela
Cava de Tirreni: 11 September 1884
Appearing before the official were:
Luigi Amabile, Celibe (never before married), 22 yo, industriante (manufacturer/trader), born and residing in Passiano, son of Giovanni, and of the deceased Mariantonia Cefaro?/Cafaro*?
and
Carmela Sorrentino, 24 yo, nubile (never before married), tessatrice (weaver), born and residing Passiano, daughter of the deceased Innocenzio, and of Maddalena Benincasa, both residing therein.
The other two people mentioned there, Pasquale Fiorilla, 53 yo, Usciere (usher/doorkeeper), and Emiddio Consiglio, 23 yo, Usciere, are just the witnesses to the proceedings.
The handwritten section is just saying that the necessary documents were presented in order for the marriage to take place, and that the banns were posted on 10 and 17 August. The father of the groom, had given his consent for the marriage to take place.
*In the record I am reading Cefaro but in the town today it seems to be spelt Cafaro. I'm sure with further research you will be able to establish the correct spelling.
Angela
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Translation of Marriage Certificate
I read Cesaro. [Check the word "cerificati"]AngelaGrace56 wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 23:02 ....
*In the record I am reading Cefaro but in the town today it seems to be spelt Cafaro. I'm sure with further research you will be able to establish the correct spelling.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Marriage Certificate
liviomoreno wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 07:32I read Cesaro. [Check the word "cerificati"]AngelaGrace56 wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 23:02 ....
*In the record I am reading Cefaro but in the town today it seems to be spelt Cafaro. I'm sure with further research you will be able to establish the correct spelling.
Angela
Yes, I believe you are correct, Livio. Thank you. Cesaro is definitely a name that appears in the town. I can see that in the words industriante and tessatrice, the "s" is formed the same way.
Angela
Re: Translation of Marriage Certificate
Thank you!!!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Marriage Certificate
Well I'm glad your posts were finally approved by a moderator!!! Sorry it took a while.
I don't think I did too badly considering I was really unwell with a back injury when I initially translated this record for you. I should've checked it again yesterday before I posted it here.
Stay safe.
Angela
