Helo,
My Italian ancestor travelled from San Martino di Lupari to Peru in the 1800s for work and came back with a Peruvian wife. I am trying to locate passengers list (so far I only found USA and Canada), I don't know where he would have left from (what port?) and I would assume he would have gone to Lima(?). As a foreigner she would have to naturalize once in Italy I assume (?). It is hard to find any Italian records online for this period.
Thanks for any input.
Celine
Immigration to Peru
Re: Immigration to Peru
Hello!
If you give some names and dates, we can help better!
If you give some names and dates, we can help better!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- Edward Keeports
- Elite

- Posts: 250
- Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 22:49
Re: Immigration to Peru
IIRC, most Italians in Latin America were from Northern Italy. (Most in the Anglosphere were from Southern Italy)
Re: Immigration to Peru
Thanks for your replies, dates are a bit random, so I will give you what I have:
Valentino Bragagnolo born around 1820/1825 (no birth certificate, death certificate or mariage certificate) probably born in San Martino di Lupari as his children were born there.
Angela Cauduro of Peruvian origin, deceased in San Martino di Lupari, born around 1824.
I cannot find anything online that is old enough to find anything about Valentino, and for Angela the death certificate is not helpful.
Valentino Bragagnolo born around 1820/1825 (no birth certificate, death certificate or mariage certificate) probably born in San Martino di Lupari as his children were born there.
Angela Cauduro of Peruvian origin, deceased in San Martino di Lupari, born around 1824.
I cannot find anything online that is old enough to find anything about Valentino, and for Angela the death certificate is not helpful.

