Immigration to Peru

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Celinebc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Sep 2020, 19:34

Immigration to Peru

Post by Celinebc »

Helo,
My Italian ancestor travelled from San Martino di Lupari to Peru in the 1800s for work and came back with a Peruvian wife. I am trying to locate passengers list (so far I only found USA and Canada), I don't know where he would have left from (what port?) and I would assume he would have gone to Lima(?). As a foreigner she would have to naturalize once in Italy I assume (?). It is hard to find any Italian records online for this period.
Thanks for any input.

Celine
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Immigration to Peru

Post by PippoM »

Hello!
If you give some names and dates, we can help better!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
Edward Keeports
Elite
Elite
Posts: 250
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 22:49

Re: Immigration to Peru

Post by Edward Keeports »

IIRC, most Italians in Latin America were from Northern Italy. (Most in the Anglosphere were from Southern Italy)
Celinebc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Sep 2020, 19:34

Re: Immigration to Peru

Post by Celinebc »

Thanks for your replies, dates are a bit random, so I will give you what I have:
Valentino Bragagnolo born around 1820/1825 (no birth certificate, death certificate or mariage certificate) probably born in San Martino di Lupari as his children were born there.
Angela Cauduro of Peruvian origin, deceased in San Martino di Lupari, born around 1824.
I cannot find anything online that is old enough to find anything about Valentino, and for Angela the death certificate is not helpful.
Post Reply