Help with marriage bann

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
jml1991
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 152
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 21:19
Location: Maryland

Help with marriage bann

Post by jml1991 »

Hi all,

I am having great difficulty with this 1674 marriage bann for Antonino Rizza, son of Bartolo and Maria, especially with the information on his intended wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The record, and the link to the page, are below.

Thank you!

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1546859
Attachments
RizzaAnto1674.jpg
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Help with marriage bann

Post by PippoM »

Antonino Rizza of this (Parish), son of "Master" Bartolo and Maria Rizza
Bride: my guess is Reosolea (Rosalia ?) di Glisi from Santa Catarina, daughter of Vito and Francesca Glisa.
Now, I can't find surnames (di) Glisi/a anywhere, but I've found that in Santa Caterina Villarmosa, province of Caltanissetta, surname "Inglisa" does exist. So, maybe that's how it was spelled at that time, or how the priest "herad" it, as it was a "foreign" surname.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
jml1991
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 152
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 21:19
Location: Maryland

Re: Help with marriage bann

Post by jml1991 »

Just the information I needed -- thank you Pippo!
Post Reply