Hi all,
I am having great difficulty with this 1674 marriage bann for Antonino Rizza, son of Bartolo and Maria, especially with the information on his intended wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The record, and the link to the page, are below.
Thank you!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1546859
Help with marriage bann
Re: Help with marriage bann
Antonino Rizza of this (Parish), son of "Master" Bartolo and Maria Rizza
Bride: my guess is Reosolea (Rosalia ?) di Glisi from Santa Catarina, daughter of Vito and Francesca Glisa.
Now, I can't find surnames (di) Glisi/a anywhere, but I've found that in Santa Caterina Villarmosa, province of Caltanissetta, surname "Inglisa" does exist. So, maybe that's how it was spelled at that time, or how the priest "herad" it, as it was a "foreign" surname.
Bride: my guess is Reosolea (Rosalia ?) di Glisi from Santa Catarina, daughter of Vito and Francesca Glisa.
Now, I can't find surnames (di) Glisi/a anywhere, but I've found that in Santa Caterina Villarmosa, province of Caltanissetta, surname "Inglisa" does exist. So, maybe that's how it was spelled at that time, or how the priest "herad" it, as it was a "foreign" surname.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Help with marriage bann
Just the information I needed -- thank you Pippo!

