I was so excited to find the marriage record of my great grandfather and great grandmother.
I would be so appreciative if someone could translate it for me. I got some of the basics but most of it is lost on me.
Thank you!
Marisa
https://www.familysearch.org/records/im ... eView=true
Translation please of matrimony record
-
marisasabatino
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 23:10
Translation please of matrimony record
Researching Sabatino, Oddo names in Alimena, Sicilia and Scandolara in Cremona, Repetto names in Mezzanego and Chiavari, Genova.
-
marisasabatino
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 23:10
Re: Translation please of matrimony record
Can anyone help with translation of this record? I've had a lot of trouble finding information on my grandfather. He listed these people as his parents. I've found records of their other children, but not him. I'm hoping to find something here to help in my search.
Researching Sabatino, Oddo names in Alimena, Sicilia and Scandolara in Cremona, Repetto names in Mezzanego and Chiavari, Genova.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Translation please of matrimony record
1870 Jan 29 in Chiavari
Groom: Silvestro Repetto, farmer, born in Mezzanego (Borgonovo Parish) on April 3 1814 residing in Mezzanego, son of Pietro and Antonia Cassinelli, both deceased, widower of Carolina Celle, daughter of living Bartolomeo.
Bride: Maria Luigia Baffigo, born in Chiavari (Parish of Bacezza) on Jan 28 1847, daughter of Giovanni and Antonia Salvinetti
Groom: Silvestro Repetto, farmer, born in Mezzanego (Borgonovo Parish) on April 3 1814 residing in Mezzanego, son of Pietro and Antonia Cassinelli, both deceased, widower of Carolina Celle, daughter of living Bartolomeo.
Bride: Maria Luigia Baffigo, born in Chiavari (Parish of Bacezza) on Jan 28 1847, daughter of Giovanni and Antonia Salvinetti
-
marisasabatino
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 23:10
Re: Translation please of matrimony record
Thank you Livio!
But I question that Maria's mother's last name is Salvinetti. Doesn't look like that.
Any other guesses as to what the last name is? Sauguinet?

But I question that Maria's mother's last name is Salvinetti. Doesn't look like that.
Any other guesses as to what the last name is? Sauguinet?
Researching Sabatino, Oddo names in Alimena, Sicilia and Scandolara in Cremona, Repetto names in Mezzanego and Chiavari, Genova.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Translation please of matrimony record
I was too fast...marisasabatino wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:05 Thank you Livio!
But I question that Maria's mother's last name is Salvinetti. Doesn't look like that.
Any other guesses as to what the last name is? Sauguinet?
![]()
The name is Sanguineti