Translation please of matrimony record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
marisasabatino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 23:10

Translation please of matrimony record

Post by marisasabatino »

I was so excited to find the marriage record of my great grandfather and great grandmother.
I would be so appreciative if someone could translate it for me. I got some of the basics but most of it is lost on me.
Thank you!
Marisa

https://www.familysearch.org/records/im ... eView=true
Researching Sabatino, Oddo names in Alimena, Sicilia and Scandolara in Cremona, Repetto names in Mezzanego and Chiavari, Genova.
marisasabatino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 23:10

Re: Translation please of matrimony record

Post by marisasabatino »

Can anyone help with translation of this record? I've had a lot of trouble finding information on my grandfather. He listed these people as his parents. I've found records of their other children, but not him. I'm hoping to find something here to help in my search.
Researching Sabatino, Oddo names in Alimena, Sicilia and Scandolara in Cremona, Repetto names in Mezzanego and Chiavari, Genova.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Translation please of matrimony record

Post by liviomoreno »

1870 Jan 29 in Chiavari
Groom: Silvestro Repetto, farmer, born in Mezzanego (Borgonovo Parish) on April 3 1814 residing in Mezzanego, son of Pietro and Antonia Cassinelli, both deceased, widower of Carolina Celle, daughter of living Bartolomeo.
Bride: Maria Luigia Baffigo, born in Chiavari (Parish of Bacezza) on Jan 28 1847, daughter of Giovanni and Antonia Salvinetti
marisasabatino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 23:10

Re: Translation please of matrimony record

Post by marisasabatino »

Thank you Livio!

But I question that Maria's mother's last name is Salvinetti. Doesn't look like that.
Any other guesses as to what the last name is? Sauguinet?

Image
Researching Sabatino, Oddo names in Alimena, Sicilia and Scandolara in Cremona, Repetto names in Mezzanego and Chiavari, Genova.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Translation please of matrimony record

Post by liviomoreno »

marisasabatino wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:05 Thank you Livio!

But I question that Maria's mother's last name is Salvinetti. Doesn't look like that.
Any other guesses as to what the last name is? Sauguinet?

Image
I was too fast...
The name is Sanguineti
Post Reply