I agree, and I search on that also, but the problem is that Olenna don' t exist... That Montemiletto is the last residence.... that maria Carmela Ciampo/Ciampa, brother was Ciriaco. Ciriaco last residence Grottaminarda... born around 1877/1878 and I not found maybe searche so quick and I don't saw... However the ship's manifest is right.. and that is a good point.. Olenna surname don't exist and I believe she adopted this kid, maybe she was the daughter of Maria Carmela Ciampo/Ciampa sister,, this is possible.. so the area of birthplace is around Montemiletto and Grottaminarda, or near... so we know that she was born around 1875, from Avellino province, married to a Colella, widow, with 1 biological daughter, Carmela, and 1 stepdaughter Pasqualina......
suanj
Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Well I found no other children born to Antonio Colella & Maria Carmela Ciampa in Montemiletto - they were probably living somewhere else. There are many small villages around here. Antonio Colella's father died in Torre le Nocelle but I didn't see any there either. I did not check for children in the 1890s in Avellino (where Antonio died) but no Pasqualina here 1900-1904.
I have not yet looked for Maria Carmela's siblings, just the one Maria Francesca born 1867 by accident.
There are some Ciampa in Grottaminarda but no Colella.
Do you mean someone else? I found Maria Carmela Ciampa in Montemiletto 1865 confirmed by her parents from the marriage record in 1889.suanj wrote: so we know that she was born around 1875, from Avellino province
I have not yet looked for Maria Carmela's siblings, just the one Maria Francesca born 1867 by accident.
There are some Ciampa in Grottaminarda but no Colella.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Her parents ...who? No with mother maiden name Giovannina SCIMIA..
and she was born around 1875... or I missed some your post?
and she was born around 1875... or I missed some your post?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
The birth of 1865 I remember from 2017.. but I am no pretty sure, because many people in the area had same name and surname.. and on the ship's manifest she seems born after 1865.... then after married to Gallucci she had other childrens .. so she was a bit old to have more children.. However abt her brothers, I found their birthdate by military draft cards in Italy... so maybe correct maybe not.. the poster must say the truth.. maybe she is wrong abt Scimia that also is a surname of the area..rlw254 wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 10:11 I agree that we need concrete evidence but the story fits with the mother being Maria Carmela Ciampa above (I edited my post). I think this is correct. The dates are not very nice but the information is all there. I think the confusion with the 1900 census is the first Gallucci wife also had the name Maria and perhaps died 1900-1904 before Maria Carmela Ciampa's marriage.
One of the first things that was given to us was that the first husband died in 1900. Here is that death record for Antonio Colella:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html (onto next page)
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Timeline?
1865 - birth of Maria Carmela Ciampa to Saverio Ciampa & Giovanna Rescigno (did not yet check if this one died as an infant)
1889 - marriage of Antonio Colella & Maria Carmela Ciampa
1894 - birth of Carmela Colella to Antonio Colella & Maria Carmela Ciampa found in ship manifest with Pasqualina
1900 - death of Maria Carmela Ciampa's husband Antonio Colella [in Avellino - was Pasqualina born in Avellino?]
1902/1903 - birth of Pasqualina (surname?)
1900-1904 (maybe) - death of Antonio Gallucci's first wife
1904 - marriage of Maria Carmela Ciampa & Antonio Gallucci
This is helped by the other Ciampa/Champ people you have found that are siblings of Maria Carmela going to the very same town in Pennsylvania.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Briefly: i found her brothers and parent's names and birthplace, and arrival, but the poster is no convinced, so after some year again it is here..
Restart the search and the result is the same.
It is true that are so many many discrepancies, abt her birth date on death record, her birthyear on the censuses, her mother name on marriage record, the birthdate of Paqualina that surely she was born on 1900 and not on 1903.. So a bit many discrepancies, but more than we cannot find.
Where was born Pasqualina? Who was? If Pasqualina was adopted, she was a Colella... Instead is no a Colelka and her surname Olenna. OLENNA don't exist.
So the poster can agree or not with the search, but more than cannot be found..
Abt Pasqialina the mystery remain a mystery.. However Pasqualina was no adopted, probably was the daughter of some Maria Carmela sister, deceased.. This big effort to raise a no biological child was made for nieces and nephews, that was usual...
Restart the search and the result is the same.
It is true that are so many many discrepancies, abt her birth date on death record, her birthyear on the censuses, her mother name on marriage record, the birthdate of Paqualina that surely she was born on 1900 and not on 1903.. So a bit many discrepancies, but more than we cannot find.
Where was born Pasqualina? Who was? If Pasqualina was adopted, she was a Colella... Instead is no a Colelka and her surname Olenna. OLENNA don't exist.
So the poster can agree or not with the search, but more than cannot be found..
Abt Pasqialina the mystery remain a mystery.. However Pasqualina was no adopted, probably was the daughter of some Maria Carmela sister, deceased.. This big effort to raise a no biological child was made for nieces and nephews, that was usual...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Q-GPFM-WPF
This confirms the timeline events that I posted. Antonio Gallucci's first wife died in 1904 then he married Maria Ciampa. She gives 10 Aug 1900 as the death date for her husband Antonio Colella but really it looks like 13 Aug 1900: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
She also gives Aug 1866 as her birth date but really it should be Sept 1865.
Pasqualina is still an unknown.
This confirms the timeline events that I posted. Antonio Gallucci's first wife died in 1904 then he married Maria Ciampa. She gives 10 Aug 1900 as the death date for her husband Antonio Colella but really it looks like 13 Aug 1900: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
She also gives Aug 1866 as her birth date but really it should be Sept 1865.
Pasqualina is still an unknown.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
- BrownEyedGirl
- Veteran

- Posts: 124
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 04:57
- Location: Northern United States
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Thank you, both, so very much!!
Yes, Maria Ciampa was Anthony Galluci's second wife. (His first wife was named Maria, too.) And Ciampa was her maiden name. I always knew it as Champ, but somebody here (might have been Suanj) found the original name some time ago. Her brothers were here in the States upon her arrival. My great grandmother (Maria's daughter) always went by Charlotte, not Carmela, and we thought her Italian name was Carlotta but it must have been Carmela. Very easy to mistake. I was told her father's last name was Colella, but nobody had any info on him at all.
Thank you so much for all this info and taking so much time to research it. I truly appreciate it. Now I'm going to read it all over again and process it.
xoxo
Yes, Maria Ciampa was Anthony Galluci's second wife. (His first wife was named Maria, too.) And Ciampa was her maiden name. I always knew it as Champ, but somebody here (might have been Suanj) found the original name some time ago. Her brothers were here in the States upon her arrival. My great grandmother (Maria's daughter) always went by Charlotte, not Carmela, and we thought her Italian name was Carlotta but it must have been Carmela. Very easy to mistake. I was told her father's last name was Colella, but nobody had any info on him at all.
Thank you so much for all this info and taking so much time to research it. I truly appreciate it. Now I'm going to read it all over again and process it.
xoxo
For Europe, With Love.
- BrownEyedGirl
- Veteran

- Posts: 124
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 04:57
- Location: Northern United States
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
If it's not a lot of trouble, could you find Antonio Colella's parents' names and birth places? Is that info available?rlw254 wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 11:29 Well I found no other children born to Antonio Colella & Maria Carmela Ciampa in Montemiletto - they were probably living somewhere else. There are many small villages around here. Antonio Colella's father died in Torre le Nocelle but I didn't see any there either.
Thank you so much.
For Europe, With Love.

