Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by jcsm400 »

Sorry! Can't find him on SS Death Index. May never had applied for benefits.

Try contacting Lee, Mass. County Clerk or the kind volunteers at this site.


http://www.raogk.com/massachu.htm

Hope it helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

Do you think that it's possible to find something about my uncle Peter Masiero on the Berkshire Eagle's Newspaper Archive?
More precisely...I know that he died in 1941 in Lee, Massachusetts or towns nearby. Possible to look on his obituary? He had four sons: Arthur (died young between '25-'30), Angelo, John, Jospeh...all dead right now.

Thank you.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi bull,

Newspaper obituaries are a good source of information, sometimes! Sometimes they give just basic information & other times you get a lot of family information. Do give it a try.

Here is the email address for the paper.

reader@berkshireeagle.com


And just in case the newspaper is not helpful, try contacting the Lee Public Library, they will most likely have a genealogical section.

http://www.leelibrary.org/


Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

I e-mailed but had no response yet.

May someone who has access to "Ancestry newspaper archive" post me Pietro Masiero's Obituary? He died in 1941 in Lee,MA.
Newspaper is the Berkshire Eagle.

Really Thank you, Bull
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by nuccia »

hi bull1982,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't find it! You can try posting on www.findagrave.com as well. There are some great people who do all kinds of look up.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
espeed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Greenland NH
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by espeed »

My great Grandfather was Joseph Masiero he died in the early 80's in Shirley Ma and I believe he was from the Berkshire area orginally.

espeed80915@yahoo.com

hope this helps....
Post Reply