Need Help

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
MARCVS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need Help

Post by MARCVS »

suanj wrote:Marcus, but what you say.. this is your Maria Landretta and this ship's manifest are abt the siblings. Are only 1 Maria Landretta age 21 from Acerra and is this found.
If you are not able for to recognize your ancestor in this ship's manifest well you must to search other details in USA.. this search is concluded for me.
suanj
It looks as if it may be the Same Maria,but not sure..Like I mentioned,I only know of her ,none of the others,so this may or may not be the same Maria..One manifest says this Maria was married,which my Maria wasnt..

Thanks again for the help..
Ciao!
User avatar
MARCVS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need Help

Post by MARCVS »

Can any one tell me of the area of Campania and its culture,not much on the internet?Oh and unfortunately I Cannot read Italian..

Marcvs
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need Help

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Marcvs,

Here is a link that has info on Campania.

http://campania.indettaglio.it/eng/

Hope it helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Help

Post by suanj »

MARCVS wrote:
suanj wrote:Marcus, but what you say.. this is your Maria Landretta and this ship's manifest are abt the siblings. Are only 1 Maria Landretta age 21 from Acerra and is this found.
If you are not able for to recognize your ancestor in this ship's manifest well you must to search other details in USA.. this search is concluded for me.
suanj
It looks as if it may be the Same Maria,but not sure..Like I mentioned,I only know of her ,none of the others,so this may or may not be the same Maria..One manifest says this Maria was married,which my Maria wasnt..

Thanks again for the help..
Ciao!
Marcus: as you can to say that the Maria Landretta from Acerra is married in the ship's manifest? she is single, you can read the "S" =single!!

I believe that, in this search phase, now, and with outcome's search, this seem a specious argument......
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Need Help

Post by wldspirit »

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I have yet to see a young woman, coming from Italy to the US all alone......she is always joining someone here.....a husband, brother, sister....some type of family...........your Maria had someone here, even if your father had never known this. Perhaps the circumstances surrounding her illegitimate child caused the family to disown her......it happens.
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Need Help

Post by nuccia »

Very good point wldspirit!

Marcus, I would look into all possibilities here. When researching you have to because anything is possible.

Nuccia :D
Post Reply