Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
edifortini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Aug 2021, 20:49

Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by edifortini »

Hello!
I'm trying to find some information about my grant great father.
The informations I have:

His name was Francisco Fortini, and he passed away in Brazil in 1939 with 69 years. So he may have been born in between 1869-71 in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, Lucca.
His parents were Lourenço Fortini and Maria Fortini.
He was married to Venezia Lispoti.

Any information about his birth or where I can find his birth certificate and marriage, would help me so much.

Thank you in advance.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

You are sure that your ancestor coming from Castelnuovo di garfagnana? From 1866 to 1871 no one Fortini Francesco was born
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

The only Francesco Fortini emigrated was born around 1861 and he was single http://www.inci.org.br/acervodigital/up ... 15_290.pdf
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
edifortini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Aug 2021, 20:49

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by edifortini »

Hello. Thanks for your reply!
I found out that he married in Brazil, so I think he came as a child to Brazil. He was 23 yo when he married, it was in 1893. Some parents told me that he had only an certificate from the church. But I don't know how to look for it. :( The only information I have is that he was from Lucca. And in it's death certificate it's written "from Castelo Nuovo", so the only Caltelnuovo in Lucca that I found was Castelnuovo di garfagnana. :)
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

ok if he was 23 on 1893 so was born around 1860 or 1859
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
edifortini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Aug 2021, 20:49

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by edifortini »

I guess it was 1870 or 1969. No information extra about his birthday and it was exactly what I needed to found out first <3
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

Sorry for typo.. I had a surgery to my left eye and I am no ok to 100.. 1 mean 1869 -1870
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
edifortini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Aug 2021, 20:49

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by edifortini »

Oh, not a problem. I get lost all the time on those dates. Hope you are fine and having a good recovering. :)
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

Ok, however I searched and no one Fortini ... you can post the marriage record?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

well, Castelnuovo di Garfagnana is no the birthplace, so I searched in VAGLI SOTTO and I found:
Francesco Beniamino FORTINI born on 11 Mar 1870 #19 in Vagli Sotto, son of Lorenzo FORTINI 40 old, sailor ( son of late Francesco) and of Maria BAISI (daughter of late Antonio)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043811
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
edifortini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Aug 2021, 20:49

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by edifortini »

Thank you so much for your consideration and information. You helped me a lot. <3
What is the word for sailor in this record? I got curious about that.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Info about Francisco Fortini from Lucca

Post by suanj »

Commerciante...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply