American Naturalization
Re: American Naturalization
Is this the record you were taling about?
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Recordinfo
about Casimiro Milza Vollero
Name: Casimiro Milza Vollero
City: Elizabeth
County: Union
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 4 Mar 1882
Race: White
Roll: 1712100
DraftBoard: 3
Wife's name listed as Mary..will link ifyou think its worth looking at.
Nuccia
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Recordinfo
about Casimiro Milza Vollero
Name: Casimiro Milza Vollero
City: Elizabeth
County: Union
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 4 Mar 1882
Race: White
Roll: 1712100
DraftBoard: 3
Wife's name listed as Mary..will link ifyou think its worth looking at.
Nuccia
Re: American Naturalization
Francesco,
I would think that only citizens serve in the U.S. army. Someone mentioned, here or on another site, that the U.S. drafted many foreign nationals during WWI and naturalized them en masse (in a large group). (I'm not sure of the year.) This may be the case with your great grandfather, which may have made him a citizen.
If such is the case, I would think that you and your father may be able to claim citizenship, but lI doubt it will be easy, only because his descendents have been living in Italy for so long.
I think a bit more research is in order to determine exactly when and where your great grandfather naturalized. After that, it may be a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney to establish your own claims to American citizenship.
One of my colleagues (who has lived in the U.S. almost her entire life, discovered that she was not an American citizen even though her father naturalized when she was 14 years old. She consulted an attorney for direction, but is completing the application herself.
It's not too complicated for her because she has all her father's naturalization information. If your g-grandfather did indeed naturalize the INS and NARA should have records of this, but it will be a whole lot easier with dates.
Nuccia, just read your post. You are great!!!!!
I would think that only citizens serve in the U.S. army. Someone mentioned, here or on another site, that the U.S. drafted many foreign nationals during WWI and naturalized them en masse (in a large group). (I'm not sure of the year.) This may be the case with your great grandfather, which may have made him a citizen.
If such is the case, I would think that you and your father may be able to claim citizenship, but lI doubt it will be easy, only because his descendents have been living in Italy for so long.
I think a bit more research is in order to determine exactly when and where your great grandfather naturalized. After that, it may be a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney to establish your own claims to American citizenship.
One of my colleagues (who has lived in the U.S. almost her entire life, discovered that she was not an American citizen even though her father naturalized when she was 14 years old. She consulted an attorney for direction, but is completing the application herself.
It's not too complicated for her because she has all her father's naturalization information. If your g-grandfather did indeed naturalize the INS and NARA should have records of this, but it will be a whole lot easier with dates.
Nuccia, just read your post. You are great!!!!!
Re: American Naturalization
Great Nuccia!!! Many many thanks for this stuff... My Grand grandpa come in U.S. in 1909 and i was 27, for this, 1909-27 = 1882nuccia wrote:Is this the record you were taling about?
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Recordinfo
about Casimiro Milza Vollero
Name: Casimiro Milza Vollero
City: Elizabeth
County: Union
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 4 Mar 1882
Race: White
Roll: 1712100
DraftBoard: 3
Wife's name listed as Mary..will link ifyou think its worth looking at.
Nuccia
My great granma come with her in 1909 i read this in ellis island registry, GrandParents Ellis Island Registry
My greatgranpa are the 6 on this list and my greatgranma the 7.
You can tell me more about this Mary ?
Re: American Naturalization
Yeees mier i think somler wrote:Francesco,
I would think that only citizens serve in the U.S. army. Someone mentioned, here or on another site, that the U.S. drafted many foreign nationals during WWI and naturalized them en masse (in a large group). (I'm not sure of the year.) This may be the case with your great grandfather, which may have made him a citizen.
Yes, is a good idea to consult an immigration attornery to know. But i think that he need more stuff to work or not? I go to search one by internet to see how i can do because i want to do this by myself. But i think that the i was naturalized when put her name in the World War I registration card.If such is the case, I would think that you and your father may be able to claim citizenship, but lI doubt it will be easy, only because his descendents have been living in Italy for so long.
I think a bit more research is in order to determine exactly when and where your great grandfather naturalized. After that, it may be a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney to establish your own claims to American citizenship.
One of my colleagues (who has lived in the U.S. almost her entire life, discovered that she was not an American citizen even though her father naturalized when she was 14 years old. She consulted an attorney for direction, but is completing the application herself.
It's not too complicated for her because she has all her father's naturalization information. If your g-grandfather did indeed naturalize the INS and NARA should have records of this, but it will be a whole lot easier with dates.
Nuccia, just read your post. You are great!!!!!
Yes, nuccia is great!!!
Re: American Naturalization
Census image for Louis, wife Mary........
http://usera.imagecave.com/leelee/vollero.jpg
Louis immigration is listed as 1903, Mary in 1909.
He has filed papers for naturalization.
Living at 74 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Also, the 1921 city directory list Louis Vollero, occupation barber, living at
74 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
same as draft registration.
wldspirit
http://usera.imagecave.com/leelee/vollero.jpg
Louis immigration is listed as 1903, Mary in 1909.
He has filed papers for naturalization.
Living at 74 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Also, the 1921 city directory list Louis Vollero, occupation barber, living at
74 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
same as draft registration.
wldspirit
Re: American Naturalization
Here is a link to Union County for Naturalization Records:
http://www.unioncountynj.org/ctyclerk/n ... ation.html
wldspirit
http://www.unioncountynj.org/ctyclerk/n ... ation.html
wldspirit
Re: American Naturalization
IS MY GREAT GRANPA!!!!!wldspirit wrote:Census image for Louis, wife Mary........
http://usera.imagecave.com/leelee/vollero.jpg
Louis immigration is listed as 1903, Mary in 1909.
He has filed papers for naturalization.
Living at 74 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Also, the 1921 city directory list Louis Vollero, occupation barber, living at
74 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
same as draft registration.
wldspirit
I need to call the Union County or tell to my cousin in Elizabeth to contact the Union County Superior Court to have a copy of this record?
So, now what i need to do?
Re: American Naturalization
I just placed a phone call to Union county......the number is
908-659-3847
the person who takes these inquiries is out to lunch, so I will return the phone call in an hour and get the exact direction for you.
Regards,
DeLisa
908-659-3847
the person who takes these inquiries is out to lunch, so I will return the phone call in an hour and get the exact direction for you.
Regards,
DeLisa
Re: American Naturalization
Right, i can wait
Thanks DeLisa
Re: American Naturalization
Happy to help out......
Regards,
DeLisa
Regards,
DeLisa
Re: American Naturalization
Francesco, now I'm confused and I think we may be getting off track. I thought you said that your great grandfather was named Casimiro and that Louis was his brother (your grandfather's uncle). He was 37 at the time of the census (1920) which probably means he was born in 1983 and was your great grandfather's younger brother (by one year).
If this is true, the records for Louis won't help you; you need to find Casimiro.
If this is true, the records for Louis won't help you; you need to find Casimiro.
Re: American Naturalization
My Great grandfather change is name from Casimiro to Louis. But he have a son with that name, and this son fight in World War II. This, is my grandfather brother.mler wrote:Francesco, now I'm confused and I think we may be getting off track. I thought you said that your great grandfather was named Casimiro and that Louis was his brother (your grandfather's uncle). He was 37 at the time of the census (1920) which probably means he was born in 1983 and was your great grandfather's younger brother (by one year).
If this is true, the records for Louis won't help you; you need to find Casimiro.
Re: American Naturalization
mler, I'm confused too...
and as for Casimiro...could it be Cosmo or Cosimo wife Raffaella?
I'm going to check further into this, too.
Nuccia
and as for Casimiro...could it be Cosmo or Cosimo wife Raffaella?
I'm going to check further into this, too.
Nuccia
Re: American Naturalization
Mler thanks for the nice words. DeLisa..great find....as usual!
For those who don't use winzip here is the manifest..
First Name: Costmo
Last Name: Molza
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Atiani, Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 21, 1909
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Virginia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0006
First Name: Raffaelina
Last Name: Vollaro
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Atiani, Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 21, 1909
Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Virginia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0007
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2699060595
For those who don't use winzip here is the manifest..
First Name: Costmo
Last Name: Molza
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Atiani, Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 21, 1909
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Virginia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0006
First Name: Raffaelina
Last Name: Vollaro
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Atiani, Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 21, 1909
Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Virginia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0007
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2699060595
Re: American Naturalization
Just spoke to New Jersey, to call back in 30 minutes as she is looking up records for me.........nice lady!!
DeLisa
DeLisa



