I agree that it's totally wrong that someone whose g-grandfather was a naturalized American is not considered an American too. It's the living in Italy that seems to be the problem. There are so many illegal aliens in this country to whom our government is trying to give a "free pass" and someone like Francesco, who should be entitled to citizenship. is not given consideration.
But Francesco, listen to me and to Nuccia and don't give up hope yet. If there is an American consulate in your area, visit their offices. Explain your situation and provide as much documentation as you can. If you can get proof of your great grandparents' naturalization, I'm sure that will help.
Tell them specifically that your grandfather was the son of an American, and you and your father consider yourselves American too. If they won't give you automatic citizenship based on this, maybe, someone there will be able to find a path to get you a green card, and that's the first step.
I'm a firm believer in the kindness of people. American immigration laws are difficult, but people do immigrate here. Good luck, and if you're ever in NY again, let us know.
Your photos are beautiful; wish I were there.



