Truck Sign

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Truck Sign

Post by darkerhorse »

Can anyone read the sign on the truck door, or have enhancing software which could improve readability.

The original photo is very small, only a few inches down and across. I had never seen photos that small.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Truck Sign

Post by darkerhorse »

Small Truck - Closeup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Truck Sign

Post by MarcuccioV »

Photo software isn't cleaning it up enough. It appears the large print is "Angelo's", but can't make out any more...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Truck Sign

Post by darkerhorse »

Yes, that's what I thought - Angelo's. I was hoping to read the other text. Maybe I can try to scan it again. The original is so small.

The two girls seem to be related to the man with his arm on one of them. I was thinking he looked too old to be the father, maybe the grandfather?

The man standing second from left was born in 1923 (had no daughters) and the man standing to the left of the man with the girls was born in 1895 (had no children).

The remaining people are unidentified.

Based on the two known birth years, I'd guess the photo was taken in the U.S. between the late 1930s and mid 1940s.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Truck Sign

Post by darkerhorse »

I'm guessing the man crouching in front is Angelo - the father of the two girls, and son of the man holding the girl.
Post Reply