sagnelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
kita144
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 14 Aug 2023, 00:47

sagnelli

Post by kita144 »

Hello
Looking for Rose (Rosa) Sagnelli b.about 1813 ? We believe in S. Maria a Vico. She married Angelantonio Ruotolo. I am looking for her parents and confirmation she was born in San Maria a Vico or somewhere else.
Thank you!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: sagnelli

Post by Tessa78 »

Info from your other thread to help volunteers with your search...
Francesco Morgillo and Maria Francesca Ruotolo marriage in 1907 in S. Maria a Vico on 6 February.
#6
Francesco Morgillo is age 33, peasant, born in Arienzo, son of Alessandro Morgillo and of Nunzia Nuzzo.
Maria Francesca Ruotolo is age 25, peasant, born in S. Maria a Vico, daughter of Angelantonio Ruotolo, and of Rosa Sagnelli.
I looks like the bride'sbrother Domenico was a witness.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630
Here is the birth act of Angelantonio Ruotolo, husband of Rosa Sagnelli, in S. Maria a Vico in 1844. Very faded, but unfortunately, there is no annotation of marriage.
Given that Rosa's husband was born in 1844, she was probably born about the same time.
#162
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 96/wrVlxyw


T.
kita144
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 14 Aug 2023, 00:47

Re: sagnelli

Post by kita144 »

Yes, I can't find any birth record for her...what would that mean?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: sagnelli

Post by Tessa78 »

I have searched extensively for her birth record since you posted your request in your other thread.
It appears that the surname Sagnelli is not found in S. Maria a Vico, BUT it is found in S. Maria Capua Vetere. Perhaps she was born there.
It may also be that they were married in S. Maria Capua Vetere.

If you look for a Publication of Banns for the marriage (posted in both the bride and groom's hometown) it should provide her comune of birth.


T.
kita144
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 14 Aug 2023, 00:47

Re: sagnelli

Post by kita144 »

Ok, great!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: sagnelli

Post by Tessa78 »

Birth act of a son (Vincenzo) of Angelantonio and Rosa - born 1875 in SMV
Since the birth act I posted for Angelantonio Ruotolo has his father as Vincenzo, I believe this may be the first child born to the couple. Unfortunately, no age given for the mother Rosa Sagnelli.
There is an annotation of marriage in 1903 in SMV
#178
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630

Marriage of Vincenzo Ruotolo and Maria Carmina Piscitelli in December 1903
#38
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... pId=155927

Marriage Allegati - the attachments to the marriage
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630

Unfortunately, none of these records give Rosa Sagnelli's age.
She was still living in 1903 for the marriage of her son.

T.
kita144
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 14 Aug 2023, 00:47

Re: sagnelli

Post by kita144 »

Yes, I see. I am following the daughter of Rosa Sagnelli and Angelantonio...Maria Francesca Ruotolo B. 1883 (as above) Still looking through records-I see nothing on Rosa as of yet...might just be the end of that line on the tree.
Post Reply