Finding recent Afragola relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Finding recent Afragola relatives

Post by stfrancis »

Hi all

I'm hoping someone here might help lead me to a path to find some of my relatives (cousins) in Afragola. I have traced some of my ancestral tree but having trouble finding recent or living relatives, with the possible goal of somehow reaching out to them...

I'm looking for the children and grandchildren of Giovanni Balsamo & Celeste Castiello, born circa 1901, and married circa 1925. Celeste Castiello was the child of Raffaele and Giovanna Moccia (d. 1947 in Afragola).

(I already know about the Italian white pages, and 1920’s birth indices, but they weren’t helpful)

I appreciate any ideas or help you might offer. Thank you
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Finding recent Afragola relatives

Post by PippoM »

You can try on Facebook, in some local page (of the kind "Sei di Afragola se" = "You are from Afragola if"), asking if someone knows their descendants.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Finding recent Afragola relatives

Post by stfrancis »

Thanks Pippo

I just saw that page the other day. I'll have try I guess...
Post Reply