Nicolo Ferraro
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thank you so much!
This gives me a more accurate time frame for antonino monteleone as when I looked for his birth I found 5 with the same name... lol
This gives me a more accurate time frame for antonino monteleone as when I looked for his birth I found 5 with the same name... lol
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
#200: Birh of Domenico Ferraro on 16 November 1839 to Francesco (26 yo) and Rosalia Portolano (20) in Santa Margherita
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 10/0nzDaVZ
#107: Marriage of Francesco Ferraro to Rosalia Portolano on 19 November 1838 in Santa Margherita
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 02/wEDYpQ7
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 10/0nzDaVZ
#107: Marriage of Francesco Ferraro to Rosalia Portolano on 19 November 1838 in Santa Margherita
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 02/wEDYpQ7
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
11 February 1813: birth and baptism of Francesco Maria Lo Ferraro in Santa Margherita.
Parents: Domenico Lo Ferraro and Antonina La Sala, married.
Godparents: Don Francesco Giacone and Donna Maria Antonia Lauro, married.
Baptisms vol. 30 1812–1816, Image 073, f. 85, bottom right.
Parents: Domenico Lo Ferraro and Antonina La Sala, married.
Godparents: Don Francesco Giacone and Donna Maria Antonia Lauro, married.
Baptisms vol. 30 1812–1816, Image 073, f. 85, bottom right.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
thank you much!
i had her date - will look to see if i had the source
i am sure i did not have the wonderful translation.
Anna's father Antonino Montelione's death alludes me because a death record does not differentiate clearly connections. The marriage record age of him may help define which death record of the 5 antonino monteleones in santa margherita di belice between 1856 due to last child i have documented is born in 1855 and 1870.
Best,
Linda
i had her date - will look to see if i had the source
i am sure i did not have the wonderful translation.
Anna's father Antonino Montelione's death alludes me because a death record does not differentiate clearly connections. The marriage record age of him may help define which death record of the 5 antonino monteleones in santa margherita di belice between 1856 due to last child i have documented is born in 1855 and 1870.
Best,
Linda
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thank mmgno
i wonder what Lo means-- is it like di/de (of)
Linda
i wonder what Lo means-- is it like di/de (of)
Linda
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Lo Ferraro = The blacksmith
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Here it is:
Death No 122: Antonino Montelione
Registered in Menfi on 20 June 1862
Appearing were Paolo Montelione, 36 yo, Becchino, and Giuseppe Russo, 52 yo, Becchino (Grave Digger).
They reported that on the day 19 June 1862, at 3 pm, in the house where he lived, Antonino Montelione, 37 yo, husband of Antonia Roccaforte, born in S. Margherita, a contadino, living in Santa Margherita died. He was the son of Biaggio Monteliione and of Anna (surname not given).
I knew that he had died in 1862 from a marriage publication, but I couldn't find it in S. Margherita.
Angela
Death No 122: Antonino Montelione
Registered in Menfi on 20 June 1862
Appearing were Paolo Montelione, 36 yo, Becchino, and Giuseppe Russo, 52 yo, Becchino (Grave Digger).
They reported that on the day 19 June 1862, at 3 pm, in the house where he lived, Antonino Montelione, 37 yo, husband of Antonia Roccaforte, born in S. Margherita, a contadino, living in Santa Margherita died. He was the son of Biaggio Monteliione and of Anna (surname not given).
I knew that he had died in 1862 from a marriage publication, but I couldn't find it in S. Margherita.
Angela
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
OHHHH
Wow
Thank you so very much Angela
Best
Linda
Wow
Thank you so very much Angela
Best
Linda
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Antonino's death made it interesting. They sure did jump towns much.
I am not sure where you saw the publication. guessing it may have been a child promise of marriage.
His wife Antonia/Antonina Roccaforte' will be interesting as she was born in montevago married in SMB and her husband died in Menfi.. I guess they had money and had 2 homes one in SMB and one in Menfi as it seems those towns are about 8 miles apart.
I believe a child marriage shows she is living in 1868 but i am not sure as records are different for each town in regards to husband FU-- did that mean him only or her as well... lol.
Thanks for your help!
Best
Linda
I am not sure where you saw the publication. guessing it may have been a child promise of marriage.
His wife Antonia/Antonina Roccaforte' will be interesting as she was born in montevago married in SMB and her husband died in Menfi.. I guess they had money and had 2 homes one in SMB and one in Menfi as it seems those towns are about 8 miles apart.
I believe a child marriage shows she is living in 1868 but i am not sure as records are different for each town in regards to husband FU-- did that mean him only or her as well... lol.
Thanks for your help!
Best
Linda
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
You are very welcome for the help Linda.
By “Pubblication” I was referring to the ”Marriage Banns” which preceded the marriage of daughter Anna Montelione with Domenico Ferraro. I searched the Pubblications to see what added information might be included, and saw there that Anna had presented her father’s death record. I could only decipher the date of his death. My understanding was that he had died in Santa Margherita. I couldn’t see Menfi mentioned there at all. Maybe mmogno can take a look and see if there is any other information there of importance. I’m finding the script a bit tricky today.
The Pubblications (Pubblicazioni) are here at image 1583 of 2919.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
Re the word “Fu” it is a singular wording meaning “was”. If both husband and wife were deceased, then you might see the word “Furono” before the husband’s name, meaning “were” ie both “were” deceased (or the word “fu” might be sometimes placed before the husband and then again before the wife’s name when both were deceased. Hope this helps.
Angela
By “Pubblication” I was referring to the ”Marriage Banns” which preceded the marriage of daughter Anna Montelione with Domenico Ferraro. I searched the Pubblications to see what added information might be included, and saw there that Anna had presented her father’s death record. I could only decipher the date of his death. My understanding was that he had died in Santa Margherita. I couldn’t see Menfi mentioned there at all. Maybe mmogno can take a look and see if there is any other information there of importance. I’m finding the script a bit tricky today.
The Pubblications (Pubblicazioni) are here at image 1583 of 2919.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
Re the word “Fu” it is a singular wording meaning “was”. If both husband and wife were deceased, then you might see the word “Furono” before the husband’s name, meaning “were” ie both “were” deceased (or the word “fu” might be sometimes placed before the husband and then again before the wife’s name when both were deceased. Hope this helps.
Angela
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
According to the Pubblicazioni:
Domenico Ferraro was born on 16 November 1839,
Anna Montelione was born on 8 May 1851,
Antonino, the bride’s father, died on 19 June 1862.
Extracts from all three records were issued by the Registrar of the municipality of Santa Margherita.
There must be some mistake regarding Antonino Montelione’s death, because I cannot find a death certificate for that date in the registers of Santa Margherita, either at the municipality or in the archives of the Diocese of Agrigento.
Domenico Ferraro was born on 16 November 1839,
Anna Montelione was born on 8 May 1851,
Antonino, the bride’s father, died on 19 June 1862.
Extracts from all three records were issued by the Registrar of the municipality of Santa Margherita.
There must be some mistake regarding Antonino Montelione’s death, because I cannot find a death certificate for that date in the registers of Santa Margherita, either at the municipality or in the archives of the Diocese of Agrigento.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thanks much for the additional info.
My cousin and I did find the death record. It is on the Archdiocese Agrigento site under menfi.
folio 25
record 120
it is clearly the correct Antonino.
This triangle of towns is what is confusing to me in which way to go to look for the death of his wife.
it states he died where he lived.
If makes me question. was he travelling for work, were they living apart? were they rich and had a summer home? and where would antonia/antonina Rocceforte finally have died. her last child was born 1856 and she was alive in 1868.
Thank you both again.-- Isn't research a great big puzzle?
Best,
Linda
My cousin and I did find the death record. It is on the Archdiocese Agrigento site under menfi.
folio 25
record 120
it is clearly the correct Antonino.
This triangle of towns is what is confusing to me in which way to go to look for the death of his wife.
it states he died where he lived.
If makes me question. was he travelling for work, were they living apart? were they rich and had a summer home? and where would antonia/antonina Rocceforte finally have died. her last child was born 1856 and she was alive in 1868.
Thank you both again.-- Isn't research a great big puzzle?
Best,
Linda
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Roccaforte-31
I think this info is about the same Antonina Roccaforte.
Erudita
Church record in SM to Calogero Ciraulo Aug 17, 1864.,image 75, record no. 32 on folio 65, recto (right side), top record
I can’t find the other marriage record.
I think this info is about the same Antonina Roccaforte.
Erudita
Church record in SM to Calogero Ciraulo Aug 17, 1864.,image 75, record no. 32 on folio 65, recto (right side), top record
I can’t find the other marriage record.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Hi G
I have already found and posted Antonino Monteliione's death record above. He died in Menfi not Santa Margherita on 19 June 1862.
Best to you
Angela
I have already found and posted Antonino Monteliione's death record above. He died in Menfi not Santa Margherita on 19 June 1862.
Best to you
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Linda, I have had so many problems all week posting on this site. Each post has taken me at least five attempts, so I have been busy clearing cookies etc. I've already posted this death record, but not sure whether mmogno saw it. I tried to post it earlier but it just didn't happen. Let's see what happens this time.AngelaGrace56 wrote: 22 Apr 2026, 01:11 Here it is:
Death No 122: Antonino Montelione
Registered in Menfi on 20 June 1862
Appearing were Paolo Montelione, 36 yo, Becchino, and Giuseppe Russo, 52 yo, Becchino (Grave Digger).
They reported that on the day 19 June 1862, at 3 pm, in the house where he lived, Antonino Montelione, 37 yo, husband of Antonia Roccaforte, born in S. Margherita, a contadino, living in Santa Margherita died. He was the son of Biaggio Monteliione and of Anna (surname not given).
I knew that he had died in 1862 from a marriage publication, but I couldn't find it in S. Margherita.
Angela
Angela