Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by lindamauer »

Archdiocese agrigento record
Image 75
Folio 69 versa top left
Index clearly shows pietro mortillaro
Record underlines mortillaro but first word does not look like pietro
February 20 1610
Burgio
Record is very difficult.

Thanks for any help
Best linda
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by erudita74 »

I’m reading the groom’s name as Andriano (Mortillaro). Can’t read his parents’ names. Bride looks like Concetta, daughter of deceased Antonino and Beatrice, surname ?

Date looks like Feb 26, 1610 to me.
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by lindamauer »

@erudita
the index clearly states pietro mortillaro under table of contents image P1 middle of the listings
i looked on image 74
folio 69
2nd record from top on the left
Please translate this record.
Thanks
Linda
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by erudita74 »

This record is very difficult to read. I think the date is the 21st not 20th. Pietro Mortillaro son of Filippo (I see this name written above). Mother Antonina. I don’t see a maiden name for her.

Bride is Leonora daughter of Vito (?) and Antonina di Micheli (Miceli), spouses of this land.

I’m not 100% concerning the above info. Sorry.
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by lindamauer »

thank you Erudita!
you are a lifesaver
Best
Linda
carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 1152
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by carubia »

I agree with Erudita except the bride's father is the late Minico (i.e., Domenico). I'm not confident about the bride's surname. The date might have been the 25th instead of the 21st.
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Pietro mortillaro e not sure wife marriage burgio

Post by lindamauer »

Thank you carubia for looking at this.
I appreciate it much
I wish photo restoration would be of help on these record images.
Maybe if i find other records for this couple it will reveal the bride's surname.
Best
Linda
Post Reply