Cimato

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
johnmilano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Cimato

Post by johnmilano »

and if it's not too much trouble the manifests for
Domenico Cimato
Reggio, Italy 1905
gallico, italy 1907
gallico, italy 1911
gallico, italy 1916

i believe these are all him
User avatar
johnmilano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Cimato

Post by johnmilano »

also, does anyone have ancestry?
because when I type in Domenico Cimato

there is two results i'd like to check out:

his World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
and
New York Petitions for Naturalization

can anyone help with this, i dont have a subscription

I'd appreciate the help in advance!

JOHN
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Cimato

Post by JamesBianco »

Sure, here you go.

Domenico Cimato 1916

Page 1

Page 2

Line 4

I have a subscription to Ancestry.com (obviously) and the first Domenico Cimato listed in the WWI cards was born in 1880. When you go to this image it brings up another man named Antonio Cincotta (clearly linked incorrectly).
The second Domenico was born 1894 and from Bucks County, PA.

Here is the Naturalization Petition you wanted to see (I don't think it is him either)

Domenico Naturalization Record

Here is a list from Ancestry of the Domenico Cimato entries, I would be glad to upload any you wish to see.

Name DOI DOB SEX PORT DEP.
Domenico Cimato 23 Dec 1898 abt 1879 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 27 Nov 1902 abt 1880 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 14 Dec 1902 abt 1880 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 18 Mar 1903 abt 1863 Male Napoli

Domenico Cimato 30 Jan 1903 abt 1881 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 8 May 1905 abt 1872 Male Messina

Domenico Cimato 3 Mar 1907 abt 1872 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 2 Apr 1911 abt 1893 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 11 Sep 1912 abt 1881 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 15 May 1914 abt 1890 Male Naples, Italy

Domenico Cimato 1 Nov 1923 abt 1871 Genoa, Italy
Jim
User avatar
johnmilano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Cimato

Post by johnmilano »

jimmy

thanks alot!!!
User avatar
johnmilano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Cimato

Post by johnmilano »

hey Jim,

actually, the naturalization petition is a match
because my great-grandmother was naturalized
through him, and it says her date of naturalization
was Aug. 7 1901

it says he arrived feb 4 1887, is there any ship manifests
matching that?
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Cimato

Post by JamesBianco »

Yes the Castle Garden records, unfortunately they don't usually give much information. I'll see what I can find.

Here he is in the earliest manifest I can locate

Line 26

1898
User avatar
johnmilano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Cimato

Post by johnmilano »

thanks again
Post Reply