Briatico, Calabria
Briatico, Calabria
I have one relative's Ellis Island records that say she is from San Costantino, comune: Briatico. Her brother's Ellis Island records of 5 yrs. later say he is from Catanzaro, Briatico. My question is, are these the same places? Is San Costantino small village within Briatico? I am confused.
I want to order LDS films but I don't know if I should order Briatico or San Costantino.
Re: Briatico, Calabria
Poipuo4,
I believe San Costantino is a frazione of Briatico.
San Costantino comune: Briatico - province: Vibo Valentia - region: Calabria
You might want to bookmark the following site for future reference if you need to check for a town or hamlet.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/regions.htm
A presto.
Biff
I believe San Costantino is a frazione of Briatico.
San Costantino comune: Briatico - province: Vibo Valentia - region: Calabria
You might want to bookmark the following site for future reference if you need to check for a town or hamlet.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/regions.htm
A presto.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Briatico, Calabria
Thanks, Biff. So, it is like a small hamlet inside of the bigger town? I guess if both locations have film, I will order both. Thanks again for your help on that manifest. I had two conflicting towns of birth for my great grandmother and by deciphering the manifest for her brother, I was able to narrow down which one was actually her birth town.
Re: Briatico, Calabria
I believe they are two separate towns. There are films for both.....If San Costantino was a hamlet, its records would be recorded in Briatico.
jcsm
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.


