Briatico, Calabria

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite
Posts: 387
Joined: 01 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Briatico, Calabria

Post by Poipuo4 »

I have one relative's Ellis Island records that say she is from San Costantino, comune: Briatico. Her brother's Ellis Island records of 5 yrs. later say he is from Catanzaro, Briatico. My question is, are these the same places? Is San Costantino small village within Briatico? I am confused. :? I want to order LDS films but I don't know if I should order Briatico or San Costantino.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Briatico, Calabria

Post by Biff83 »

Poipuo4,

I believe San Costantino is a frazione of Briatico.

San Costantino comune: Briatico - province: Vibo Valentia - region: Calabria

You might want to bookmark the following site for future reference if you need to check for a town or hamlet.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/regions.htm

A presto.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite
Posts: 387
Joined: 01 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Briatico, Calabria

Post by Poipuo4 »

Thanks, Biff. So, it is like a small hamlet inside of the bigger town? I guess if both locations have film, I will order both. Thanks again for your help on that manifest. I had two conflicting towns of birth for my great grandmother and by deciphering the manifest for her brother, I was able to narrow down which one was actually her birth town.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Briatico, Calabria

Post by jcsm400 »

I believe they are two separate towns. There are films for both.....If San Costantino was a hamlet, its records would be recorded in Briatico.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply