Very Helpful....
by any chance do you remmember the name of the woman who spoke english in the municipal office?????....
manifest for VIOLA
Re: manifest for VIOLA
Paula M. T.
- AnotherCitizenToBe
- Rookie

- Posts: 79
- Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 00:00
Re: manifest for VIOLA
Unfortunately, no. Sorry.PaulaMT wrote:Very Helpful....
by any chance do you remmember the name of the woman who spoke english in the municipal office?????....
Re: manifest for VIOLA
Thank you anyway.... I might try to call and see if I can find her.... wouldn't hurt to give it a chance.... anyway... with out your input I would have assumed no one would speak english at all... so Thanks!!!!!...
My italian is so rusty..... that I am now more opptomistic!!!....
Thank You Again...!!!!!
My italian is so rusty..... that I am now more opptomistic!!!....
Thank You Again...!!!!!
Paula M. T.
- AnotherCitizenToBe
- Rookie

- Posts: 79
- Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 00:00
Re: manifest for VIOLA
Good luck!PaulaMT wrote:Thank you anyway.... I might try to call and see if I can find her.... wouldn't hurt to give it a chance.... anyway... with out your input I would have assumed no one would speak english at all... so Thanks!!!!!...
My italian is so rusty..... that I am now more opptomistic!!!....
Thank You Again...!!!!!
PS: Ask them "when are you going to get the birth/marriage certificates out to that guy in Connecticut? He's waiting patiently!"
Re: manifest for VIOLA
Wow... you from CT too!....
I'm in Orange....
Well that's funny.... our family's are from the same place... and so are we... .... well actually me... my family was based in Mt. Vernon, NY...
Small world!!!
I'm in Orange....
Well that's funny.... our family's are from the same place... and so are we... .... well actually me... my family was based in Mt. Vernon, NY...
Small world!!!
Paula M. T.
- AnotherCitizenToBe
- Rookie

- Posts: 79
- Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 00:00
Re: manifest for VIOLA
My paternal grandparents emmigrated to Hoboken, New Jersey and from there went on to Mamaroneck, NY. My maternal grandparents were from the Calabria region and emmigrated to Harrison, NY, which is where I was born and raised. I am now living in Waterbury, CT (after a 20+ year stint in Fort Lauderdale, FL).PaulaMT wrote:Wow... you from CT too!....
I'm in Orange....
Well that's funny.... our family's are from the same place... and so are we... .... well actually me... my family was based in Mt. Vernon, NY...
Small world!!!
Re: manifest for VIOLA
My maternal great grand parents are from Roccasecca and Palermo. Settled in NY and CT. My paternal Great grandparents are from San Lecuio, BN and Abruzzi. They pretty much all settled in NY...
With this weather... I think I would have stayed in FL!!!!....
With this weather... I think I would have stayed in FL!!!!....
Paula M. T.
- AnotherCitizenToBe
- Rookie

- Posts: 79
- Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 00:00
Re: manifest for VIOLA
Paula,
Regarding an earlier post about naturalization records, the Westchester County Archives online index only goes up to 1927; beyond that you can request a manual search of the records for a $25.00 fee. I did so and was shocked to receive copies of my grandfather's Declaration, Petition, and Oath in the mail just five days after sending my request to Elmsford. You can get more info by calling:
Archives Reference Staff
Westchester County Archives
2199 Saw Mill River Road
Elmsford, New York 10523
Tel: (914) 231-1500
I spoke with "Elaine", she was extremely helpful.
For an extra $5.00 they will send the records (if found, of course) to the Westchester County Clerk's office to be certified as true copies of official records. Whether or not the NYC consulate will accept this is not yet known, but it's definitely a good start.
As in my other thread on this subject, the National Archives district office in New York City houses naturalization records *only* for persons who did so in a *federal* court. For persons who naturalized in state or county court (I am told that that was where *most* people actually did this), you need to look elsewhere - the Westchester County Archives in this case.
Regarding an earlier post about naturalization records, the Westchester County Archives online index only goes up to 1927; beyond that you can request a manual search of the records for a $25.00 fee. I did so and was shocked to receive copies of my grandfather's Declaration, Petition, and Oath in the mail just five days after sending my request to Elmsford. You can get more info by calling:
Archives Reference Staff
Westchester County Archives
2199 Saw Mill River Road
Elmsford, New York 10523
Tel: (914) 231-1500
I spoke with "Elaine", she was extremely helpful.
For an extra $5.00 they will send the records (if found, of course) to the Westchester County Clerk's office to be certified as true copies of official records. Whether or not the NYC consulate will accept this is not yet known, but it's definitely a good start.
As in my other thread on this subject, the National Archives district office in New York City houses naturalization records *only* for persons who did so in a *federal* court. For persons who naturalized in state or county court (I am told that that was where *most* people actually did this), you need to look elsewhere - the Westchester County Archives in this case.
Re: manifest for VIOLA
I have the papers for my Great Grandmother... she filled them out in the 40's in Rhode Island.... but unfortunatley my Grandfather wrote for her and the spelling and details are not the best and some far from accurate...
It is my Great Grandfather Guiseppe... who died prior to 1914 .. he was only here for 6 or so years... I don't think he naturalized....... so I was hoping that I could find info on the town....
which you gave me.... and I'm so very thank full!!!
It is my Great Grandfather Guiseppe... who died prior to 1914 .. he was only here for 6 or so years... I don't think he naturalized....... so I was hoping that I could find info on the town....
which you gave me.... and I'm so very thank full!!!
Paula M. T.