Prison Records

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
User avatar
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 739
Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy

Re: Prison Records

Post by elba »

Chuck,
I hope what I have done will be of some use to you.

It seems his military career began really well when he enlisted for 5 years with the Carabinieri, but within seven months he was (it seems) in disgrace.

I have sent, via Private Message, a very brief synthesis of content of military service for MIRRA Vincenzo.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

in the Ruolo Matricolare card it is wrote " gesto squalificato".. so it made a bad action.. nobody precisation... only refused the statement about loyalty and honor serving..
suanj

Hi could you explain what you think that means? so it made a bad action...nobody precisation... only refused the statement about loyalty and honor serving..

Deos all this mean he didn't do a crime only that he would not offer loyalty or honor???
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by suanj »

no.... no crime.....no.... the prison time was little... maybe he made bad replies to superiors, perhaps some offenses....or it made brawl, or it stolen.... no big crimes....
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

:D
I a happy to hear that, my heart feels better now. How can we find the court papers of the offense. :?:

Thank yuo for putting my mind to ease.

Chuck
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by suanj »

the sentence of Militar court in Roma was of 3 June 1910.. I believe that Roma State archive can to have it... he made the first time only 2 prison months ( from 19 april 1910 to 12 june 1910 ) and the penalty was amend... so no bad crime.... he after was sent in a particular corp for the militar discipline.... so no big crime... the refusing abt loyalty and honor etc was because he no had good discipline, maybe it suffered the militar service... maybe he was a "warm" man.........
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

Hi, how do you mean warm man, I don't understand it.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by suanj »

........... a passionate man , without self control...........
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

Hello Suanj, thank you for writing to me about my Grandpa. He was a VERY nice man. :)

Big heart. Where can I write to Roma State Archive to get the court papers. I will need help asking for the correct information and to write in Italian. Would you help me?
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by nuccia »

Here's a link to some of my pages where I've listed the State Archive addresses:

Italian State Archive Addresses

Hopefully this helps.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

Hi Nuccia, I will look at the link. Thank you for jump starting my topic. I am glad you are watching the news I am getting. Can you see the private message? If not can I send it to you.

Thank you very much.

Chuck
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

Do you think this is the address?


Archivio di Stato Provincia do Roma Corso Rinascimento 40 00100 Roma, Italia
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by nuccia »

Last wrote:Do you think this is the address?


Archivio di Stato Provincia do Roma Corso Rinascimento 40 00100 Roma, Italia
That's the address. :D

I watch all topics, Chuck. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by suanj »

maybe you can write before here ( http://www.difesa.it/GiustiziaMilitare/ ... m-roma.htm the email is in this webpage), directly in Roma Militar Court, requesting infos by email:

Spett.le Tribunale militare di Roma
all'Ufficio Competente
Roma - viale delle Milizie, 5/c


Oggetto: Richiesta informazioni

Spett.le Tribunale Militare di Roma,

mi chiamo…… ( your name) e sono cittadino statunitense di origini italiane, discendente di un italiano emigrato nel secolo scorso.
Scrivo per informazioni su come richiedere fotocopia-a fini genealogici- della sentenza del Tribunale Militare di Roma datata 3 /06/1910 e relativa al mio antenato:
- MIRRA Vincenzo nato a San Giorgio La Montagna il 27/08/1889 figlio di Giuseppe e DI STEFANO Maria, numero di matricola 17788, allievo carabiniere a piedi Legione Allievi dal 12/07/1909, tale a cavallo il 12/09/1909, messo in prigione per gesto squalificato il 10/05/1910, tale nelle carceri preventive di Roma dal 19/05/1910 e condannato con sentenza del Tribunale Militare di Roma emessa in data 3/06 1910.

In attesa di riscontro alla presente, è gradita l’occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,


……………your name
……………..your complete and exact address
…………………..your email
[hr]
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Last
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

:D When I arrived at work today I opened this site to find I have wonderful firends. I have received so much help in my quest for information. I am choked up with emotions. Thank you all so much. I will try all your avenues of direction and let you know if I received any information.

:D :)

Chuck
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Prison Records

Post by suanj »

happy of to help, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply