filignano in piemonte district

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
heteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: france

filignano in piemonte district

Post by heteba »

hello,
I need some help. I would likke to know if there is a town called filignano in the piemonte district. I know there is one in molise region but it is not the good one. Thanks for your help,
Helene
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by PeterTimber »

dear Hetba there does not appear to be any city, town or village in the piemonte region of Italy that has the name Filignano. I even c hecked for suburbs, neighborhoods and hamlets oof cities, towns and villages with proper names that have a section that may be called Filignano (in Italy they are called Frazioni). Please advise what you are seeking so that we may assist you further. =Peter=
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by Biff83 »

A sounds like possibility:

Farigliano in the province of Cuneo in Piemonte

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
heteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: france

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by heteba »

PeterTimber wrote:dear Hetba there does not appear to be any city, town or village in the piemonte region of Italy that has the name Filignano. I even c hecked for suburbs, neighborhoods and hamlets oof cities, towns and villages with proper names that have a section that may be called Filignano (in Italy they are called Frazioni). Please advise what you are seeking so that we may assist you further. =Peter=
My great gd father was born in filignano district of piemonte in 1849.(it is on his death certificate in france).
I have the microfims from filignano (molise) and he is not there.That is why I tried to have some help from you thinking there was another town
called filignano.
What can I do?
Helene
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear heteba perhaps Biff's explanation that the town may be FARIGLIANO is a good lead to follow in the absence of any additonal information. I take it the films are from the Mormon church famil yhistory library in france where you reside so just obtain the farigliano micorfilm andsee if that is the correct town you are seeking in Piemonte. =Peter=
User avatar
heteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: france

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by heteba »

I will try it, thank you very much Peter. I'll let you know about it.
Helene
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by PeterTimber »

.....and Biff too. =Peter=
User avatar
heteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: france

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by heteba »

yes of ourse I have done it but I made a mistake I sent the message on pm instead of using quote. Sorry,
Helene
User avatar
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 160
Joined: 29 Aug 2002, 00:00
Location: Canavese, Piemonte, Italia
Contact:

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by Maurizio »

HI.

Since we are now on the alternative spellings, in Piemonte there's also a DIVIGNANO (province of NOVARA).

Hope this helps

Ciao,
Maurizio
User avatar
heteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: france

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by heteba »

hello,

thank you very much for this information, i will try davignano, I let you know about it,
Helene
User avatar
heteba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: france

Re: filignano in piemonte district

Post by heteba »

hello,

thank you very much for this information, i will try davignano, I let you know about it,
Helene
Post Reply