Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by PeterTimber »

The mormon church advised that when dealing with church officials for church records that $15.00 was the proper donation. Howver, since the US$ took a plunge to 75 euro cents It would seem that $20.00 is the way to go. =peter=
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by BillieDeKid »

pesca wrote:Si avete tradotto bene. Il sacerdote chiede a Tara solo (se possbile) solo un piccolo contributo per i riscaldamenti dell'Abbazia...
Per il resto , sta provvedendo a ritrovare i documenti che Tara mi ha chiesto.
Paola
Tara.....Pesca says.......

It is translated well. The priest alone asks Tara (if possbile) for a small contribution for the heating.... For the remainder, it is for me to find the documents that Tara has asked for.
Paola


I'm hoping suanj can guide you on this Tara. I'm not sure what you should do.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by suanj »

right translation Elizabeth!
kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
pesca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 18:03

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by pesca »

Tara, per quanto riguarda la donazione non c'è una valore preciso, è una donazione, quello che uno si sente di donare ...
Ci dobbiamo mettere daccordo su come inviare i documenti....
Paola
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by suanj »

Hi Tara, Pesca saying that a donation is a donation, without a precise amount... however I can to say that from what I know abt thread, for the documents that you request, I believe that 25/30 euros is a right donation... Tara send it in a simply envelope 50 US dollars, with a cover letter of thanks, and your address, so the priest, paying the fee of bank for the change in euros, can have abt 25/30 euros... for to send the document Pesca can send a simply letter by normal post, and it arrive you after 8/10 days....
pesca io spedisco i documenti con lettera normale affrancata per gli USA e sono sempre arrivati... poi se vuoi fare una raccomandata si spende di più è ovvio, e arriva dopo, ma hai una sicurezza in più.. comunque la posta normale arriva bene, prima, e egualmente, ciao suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ashlandlee

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by ashlandlee »

I have Euros I can send.

But I need an address and contact name.

I am also going to ask the church here in Buffalo, St. Lawrence church, if they can make the donation transfer. The Buffalo church is the sister church to Pescasseroli's church. We have a black madonna here too. (I just found out about this church.)
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by BillieDeKid »

Tara I think that's a great idea. Church to church. Let me know how it goes.
ashlandlee

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by ashlandlee »

The local church can't do the transfer.

Do I send the check to the church address with Attention Rev. Romolo Mariani?

Also, what type of check should I send? bank check, money order, other idea?

Thank you for all the help everyone provided.
User avatar
pesca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 18:03

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by pesca »

Le faccio sapere al piu presto.
Ciao
Paola
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by suanj »

Paola let you know very soon abt the money sending...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
pesca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 18:03

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by pesca »

Ciao Tara, ecco cosa ti ha ha scritto il parroco:

"I send you al. I hope what you searh and desire.The wedding act in this charch I did not it find , but I give you the town hall "ATTO DI MATRIMONIO".Best whished to you .god and Holy mother bless you.
father Romolo Mariani."

Ti manderò tutto via posta raccomandata.
Ciao
Paola
ashlandlee

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by ashlandlee »

An up-date for readers.

Paola email me the birth dates and marriage date of my family born in Pescasseroli.

The Priest is making photocopies and will send the copies to me in a few days (I think).

I have the priest's address.

Now, I will get a bank check for a donation to the church.

This is fabulous ! ! !

Also I learned each person's full name. The first names were changed in the United States. So, seeing the real names with birth dates was great.

I want to have a family reunion in Pescasseroli ! I want to go to Pescasseroli so bad (a lot).
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by BillieDeKid »

Congratulations Tara that's wonderful.

I don't think you can send a bank check though. Wait until suanj gets on and reads this so she can tell you how you need to send to the priest.

Suanj........can you tell Tara if the priest will be able to cash a bank check?
Thanks Suanj!!

Elizabeth
ashlandlee

Re: Pescasseroli... L'Aquila...Abrruzo

Post by ashlandlee »

Thank you all.

The priest sent me photocopies of the birth, baptisms and a marriage record. I was able to add another generation, all four names, to my family tree.

I will be sending the donation soon. I will ask my bank if they can send a check the priest can cash.
Post Reply