It seems like some relatives vanish....maybe they went back to Italy? Is there any way to find out?
Thanks
Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
Re: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
There are no records of outbound passengers, only incoming.
Sometimes you will find a passport, but the indications is usually for a visit
abroad.
wldspirit
Sometimes you will find a passport, but the indications is usually for a visit
abroad.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
You could write to the local town census office (Uffico di Anagrafe) and ask them if there is any current record of their residence inthe town.
The letter must be in Italian. =Peter=
The letter must be in Italian. =Peter=
~Peter~
- carmine1917
- Elite

- Posts: 269
- Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
- Location: New York
Re: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
On ancestry,you can see after Ellis Island closed, people who went to visit and came back. Or you can apply for passport information. I did that for my grandma. I know she went to visit, I saw her return info on ancestry.
Re: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
I'm not understanding here. I have been using ancestry for a few years and I have never seen an outgoing list. Have I missed something?micheles wrote:On ancestry,you can see after Ellis Island closed, people who went to visit and came back. Or you can apply for passport information. I did that for my grandma. I know she went to visit, I saw her return info on ancestry.
- carmine1917
- Elite

- Posts: 269
- Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
- Location: New York
Re: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
What you missed is that I found two records on ansestry of my grandmother. One from Ellis, when she came to America. The second of her returning from visiting, I never saw records of people leaving America, only coming in for the first time or vacations/
Re: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
Thanks..guess I didn't read your comment carefully. Thanks for clearing that up.
- carmine1917
- Elite

- Posts: 269
- Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
- Location: New York


