Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
gizzie01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 08 Sep 2023, 03:13

Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by gizzie01 »

Hello,
I need help finding a birth record for Paul Mangilo born 1/4/1896 or 1898. He was born in Sicily Italy and his parents were supposedly a Loretta and Antonio Mangilo born around 1875. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have hit a brick wall.
Thank you,
Susan
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by PippoM »

Well,
I wonder if this might be him?
According to this record, he was born in Boston.
If not, can you show us the documents you already have?

Name Paul Mangilo
Gender Male
Race White
Death Age 64
Birth Date 4 Jan 1898
Birth Place Boston, Massachusetts
Death Date 15 Nov 1962
Death Place Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
Father
Anthony Mangilo
Mother
Not Ascertainable Not Ascertainable
Spouse
Larinda Viola Mangilo
Certificate Number 104793-62
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
gizzie01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 08 Sep 2023, 03:13

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by gizzie01 »

Hi,
He said he was born in Boston Massachusetts but have never been able to find the birth record. Did you actually find it or information that says this?
Thanks,
Susan
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by PippoM »

Yes, it is a document available on Ancestry.com.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
gizzie01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 08 Sep 2023, 03:13

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by gizzie01 »

I have that document - his death certificate. I am looking for his birth certificate. Am I missing something? Can you attach what you are talking about. Thank you, Susan.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by PippoM »

The info I posted are from his death certificate, available on Ancestry.com (I can't share it now)
Here

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2061550

you can find the birth records for Boston.
I looked into the index, but could not find him. Maybe he was born in some town near to Boston, or there might be a clerical error
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
gizzie01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 08 Sep 2023, 03:13

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record for Paul Mangilo

Post by gizzie01 »

I can not find him either. I have tried every spelling I can think of. Even looked through the records on-line. I am not pulling that name in his DNA either. Something is not right.
Post Reply