Search found 21 matches

by pinevalleygirl
05 Aug 2005, 00:49
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Looking to purchase book published in Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 6192

Re: Looking to purchase book published in Italy

Suanj,

Thanks. Doesn't look like I'll be able to buy it here in the U.S.

Chris
by pinevalleygirl
02 Aug 2005, 20:34
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Looking to purchase book published in Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 6192

Looking to purchase book published in Italy

Looking to purchase Italian Published Book

I've just learned of an Italian book, I'd like to purchase. I can't find it in the U.S. Does anyone know how or where I might purchase it?

Author: Campagna, Italo
Title: Una ricerca documentaria: i capirossi di Carpineto dal XVI al XIX secolo
Publisher ...
by pinevalleygirl
14 Jun 2005, 17:44
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Can you help with this name translation?
Replies: 2
Views: 4909

Re: Can you help with this name translation? THANKS!

Thank you so much for your help! Yes, I believe I have a match. I went ahead and assumed it was a match and found not only the William I was looking for but three siblings for him. This is research for a friend.

I have bookmarked the site and will I'm sure use it many times in the future.

What a ...
by pinevalleygirl
14 Jun 2005, 06:15
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Can you help with this name translation?
Replies: 2
Views: 4909

Can you help with this name translation?

Could someone help me out with a name translation.
Is there a comparable Italian translation to the American name "WILLIAM"?
I found a passengership record with the name "Guglielino" and am
trying to figure out if this could be the person I am searching for.
Thanks for your help!
Chris :D
by pinevalleygirl
16 Oct 2004, 22:42
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Carpineo Romano, Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 4253

Re: Carpineto Romano, Italy

sorry for the typo.
by pinevalleygirl
16 Oct 2004, 22:42
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Carpineo Romano, Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 4253

Carpineo Romano, Italy

Anyone looking for info on Carpineto Romano Italy? (CR)
Here's a website for the town. I may have more info if you are interested.

http://www.carpinetoromano.it/

Chris C.
by pinevalleygirl
16 Oct 2004, 22:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname confusion - Yondola?
Replies: 10
Views: 10272

Re: Surname confusion - Yondola?

Thanks Peter. I have also done the search which shows the Surnames in Italy. They are all relatives. Just a matter of fitting them into my tree.
chris
by pinevalleygirl
14 Oct 2004, 02:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname confusion - Yondola?
Replies: 10
Views: 10272

Re: Surname confusion - Yondola?

mfjp,

I have attempted to send you an image of one of the Italian passports I have. Hope it sent ok.

Chris
by pinevalleygirl
06 Oct 2004, 02:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname confusion - Yondola?
Replies: 10
Views: 10272

Re: Surname confusion - Yondola?

I can't find anything telling me what part of Naples my husband's relatives are from. I wonder if the Surnames could have been the same at some point. I know in my family the Robibero name was spelled Robibaro and Robibbaro also. I understand this name is not common and everyone with the "Robibero ...
by pinevalleygirl
29 Sep 2004, 01:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname confusion - Yondola?
Replies: 10
Views: 10272

Re: Surname confusion - Yondola?

Thanks Peter.
by pinevalleygirl
27 Sep 2004, 01:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Cassell
Replies: 5
Views: 7544

Re: Cassell

Carol,

You didn't mention if your Mom was in the U.S. If she was what year did she arrive and where did she live? The 1930 Census records are available and are very helpful if the person was in the US before 1930.

Chris C.
by pinevalleygirl
26 Sep 2004, 05:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname confusion - Yondola?
Replies: 10
Views: 10272

Re: Surname confusion - Yondola?

John,

I am not sure. I have passports for both Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather from Napoli, but it is all in Italian and hard to read handwriting. I think the surname I was questioning must be Iandolo, Giovanna. It appears it was Americanized, either by her or someone recording her ...
by pinevalleygirl
26 Sep 2004, 02:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname confusion - Yondola?
Replies: 10
Views: 10272

Surname confusion - Yondola?

Trying to figure out the correct spelling of an Italian Surname.
It appears different on different documents.
Yandola - is what my father-in-law believes it to be
Yandoli, Giondolo, Iandolo, Iandola

Does this sound like any name you've heard?

Thanks for your help!

Chris C.
by pinevalleygirl
25 Sep 2004, 02:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Ancestors Carpineto Romano, Sezze, & Naples
Replies: 14
Views: 18682

Re: Italian Ancestors Carpineto Romano, Sezze, & Naples

I'm so glad I found this Italian Genealogy website! I can't wait to go on each day and see if I've been given more clues.

Thanks so much for the Infobel.com site. I've added alot to my journal of notes. Now to see if anyone matches up.

I found a website for my Grandparents hometown Carpineto ...
by pinevalleygirl
24 Sep 2004, 17:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Professional Genealogy Research Help!
Replies: 136
Views: 120542

Re: Professional Genealogy Research Help!

:D Sounds like a nice service. Let me know if it becomes available.

Chris C.