Hi,
I sent an email to the Archives in Campobasso requesting a copy of a microfilm consisting of parish records from the 1600 and 1700’s. After a full 8 MONTHS, they finally replied to my email only to say that I needed the permission of the Parish Priest because the Parish was the original owner ...
Search found 11 matches
- 20 Feb 2007, 18:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Letter to Parish Priest
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3044
- 31 Mar 2006, 06:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mary Nardella
- Replies: 16
- Views: 22697
Re: Mary Nardella
I know this family. Jenny (Giovanna) Nardella's maiden name was Colantuono. Although she was born in Brazil (June 25, 1889), she immigrated to the US from Spinete, Italy. Jenny was my 1st Cousin 2X removed. If this is the correct family for you, email me. I will have a lot of genealogy information ...
- 28 Mar 2006, 06:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7499
Re: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?
Hi jspdg,
The comunes that I requested the Catasti Onciari for were all in the Molise region (Campobasso & Isernia provinces) which is where my maternal grandmother’s ancestors were from. As I mentioned, I’ve gotten lucky with marriage processetti in that area and have quite a few ...
The comunes that I requested the Catasti Onciari for were all in the Molise region (Campobasso & Isernia provinces) which is where my maternal grandmother’s ancestors were from. As I mentioned, I’ve gotten lucky with marriage processetti in that area and have quite a few ...
- 27 Mar 2006, 08:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7499
Re: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?
Hi Jeff,
I visited Italy in October of 2003. I was in Naples for 3 days. While there, I went to the Archives and requested the Catasti Onciari for 3 of my ancestral towns. They were each about the same population as yours (@ 1000). The books were about 10 inches thick, bound with cord. They were ...
I visited Italy in October of 2003. I was in Naples for 3 days. While there, I went to the Archives and requested the Catasti Onciari for 3 of my ancestral towns. They were each about the same population as yours (@ 1000). The books were about 10 inches thick, bound with cord. They were ...
- 17 Jan 2006, 03:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8360
Re: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
Thank you Suanj
- 16 Jan 2006, 21:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8360
Re: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
Thank you Suanj.......I think the date was August 4, 1902. I'm still confused as to why they would have been in Campobasso. Did Campobasso have a Hospital at the time. Maybe they knew that the birth was going to be difficult. The father returned to Italy (Spinete) and then took his 2 sons back to ...
- 16 Jan 2006, 01:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8360
Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
Hi,
Could someone help with the translation of the handwritten portion of the following birth record. The portion I'm interested in is at the bottom of page 1 and continues on page 2.
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2535/angelacifellibirthpg10rr.jpg
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3143 ...
Could someone help with the translation of the handwritten portion of the following birth record. The portion I'm interested in is at the bottom of page 1 and continues on page 2.
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2535/angelacifellibirthpg10rr.jpg
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3143 ...
- 03 Jul 2005, 19:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my Ancestors :)
- Replies: 47
- Views: 79431
Re: Looking for my Ancestors :)
Thanks......I do have an Alessandro Cifelli in my database born @ 1879. However, he was born in Sant'Angelo in Grotte and his father was Giacinto.
Any references to Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino (early 1700's) or to possible children of theirs would only show up in extracts of parish records ...
Any references to Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino (early 1700's) or to possible children of theirs would only show up in extracts of parish records ...
- 03 Jul 2005, 05:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my Ancestors :)
- Replies: 47
- Views: 79431
Re: Looking for my Ancestors :)
Hi Trish,
My 4th GGF Federico Cifelli died in Sant’Angelo in Grotte in 1798. He was born about 1746. His parents were Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino. I’ve traced Federico’s descendents in Sant’Angelo in Grotte, then to Spinete (2nd GGF Costanzo Cifelli), then São ...
My 4th GGF Federico Cifelli died in Sant’Angelo in Grotte in 1798. He was born about 1746. His parents were Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino. I’ve traced Federico’s descendents in Sant’Angelo in Grotte, then to Spinete (2nd GGF Costanzo Cifelli), then São ...
- 24 Apr 2005, 20:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15266
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
[quote="Katalina"]Debbie,
Do you know any websites that have good detailed maps of Italy to look out and/or print out?
Hi,
Try this website......
http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strAddress=&strCP=&strLocation=Brescello+&strCountry=612&image2.x=18&image2 ...
Do you know any websites that have good detailed maps of Italy to look out and/or print out?
Hi,
Try this website......
http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strAddress=&strCP=&strLocation=Brescello+&strCountry=612&image2.x=18&image2 ...
- 12 Mar 2005, 20:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Spina/ Marianna Tomaro families
- Replies: 14
- Views: 15782
Re: Donato Spina/ Marianna Tomaro families
Donato Arcangelo Spina was born in Colle d'Anchise on May 16, 1884. Civil birth document #37 of 1884. His parents were Giuseppe Spina, age 43 and Domenica Bottino, age 40.
Bob
Bob