Search found 11 matches

by dsillyp
15 Jun 2005, 02:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor
Replies: 2
Views: 5253

Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor

I finally got my moms birth certificate from the State of Maryland. Their policy is once a person has died, no one can get the birth certificate. Probably the only state in this country that has that rule. After being told a number of times from a number of people that it was impossible and just ...
by dsillyp
14 May 2005, 17:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian Citizenship - Obtaining Death Certificates from NY
Replies: 4
Views: 6694

Re: Italian Citizenship - Obtaining Death Certificates from

I just got back from the Phila Consulate. Maryland is one of those states that refuses to give a birth certificate of a person who has died. Phila said that if I send a formal letter to the Vital Statics stating what I need, the consulate would accept a statement from the State on their letter head ...
by dsillyp
12 Apr 2005, 14:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
Replies: 14
Views: 16777

Re: Scilipoti- Sicily

suanj
Where did you get the info on Domenica's dob? We have always celebrated it on April 1. Thanks,
by dsillyp
04 Apr 2005, 15:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Copy of Birth Certificate
Replies: 2
Views: 4902

Copy of Birth Certificate

I am applying for dual citizenship through my mothers father. I need a birth certificate of my mom who is deceased. In the state of Maryland the Vital Statistics do not issue copies of a deceased persons birth certificate. All I have is a short form. Does anyone know if this will be acceptable. If ...
by dsillyp
31 Mar 2005, 16:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
Replies: 14
Views: 16777

Re: Scilipoti- Sicily

Thanks Suanj,

Guido was a single man when he came to America. He married in Baltimore 18AUG1924 to an American citizen. His dob is 3Oct1898 provincia of Ascoli Piceno, Sant'Elpidio a Mare.

I don't know for a fact that the Attillo that came in 1920 to be his brother. I just did the math and this ...
by dsillyp
31 Mar 2005, 06:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Fedeli - Dual Citizenship
Replies: 0
Views: 3544

Fedeli - Dual Citizenship

Thanks to all for the help on nonna Scilipoti.

Still haven't gotten her birth certificate but am getting closer.

Through this research I found I am eligible for dual citizenship on my maternal grandfathers side. His name is Guido Fedeli. I have his birth certificate, naturalization paper, death ...
by dsillyp
31 Mar 2005, 06:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
Replies: 14
Views: 16777

Scilipoti / Fedeli

Thanks to all for the help on nonna Scilipoti.

Still haven't gotten her birth certificate but am getting closer.

Through this research I found I am eligible for dual citizenship on my maternal grandfathers side. His name is Guido Fedeli. I have his birth certificate, naturalization paper, death ...
by dsillyp
21 Mar 2005, 04:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
Replies: 14
Views: 16777

Re: Scilipoti- Sicily

Thanks much for the info. I have copied and will hit the family center nearest me.

I have my grandmothers SSN. I understand I can get her SS5 for $27. Has anyone actually gotten one of these for their ancestors? If so, did it have the names of the applicants parents?
by dsillyp
18 Mar 2005, 20:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
Replies: 14
Views: 16777

Scilipoti- Sicily

I am looking for the family of Scilipoti Domenica directly from Bafia Sicily, but may have been born in the neighboring Castroreale or Barcellona. Married to Scilipoti, Mario. I have his family but cannot locate her, partially because I don't know her parents. Domenica's maiden name is Scilipoti as ...
by dsillyp
18 Mar 2005, 20:20
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Symbol for a tattoo or pics of italian heritage tatt
Replies: 25
Views: 239994

Re: Italian Symbol for a tattoo or pics of italian heritage

My brother has a great tat with the red italian horn and the man sitting on top of it, notable in the Naples region.
by dsillyp
18 Mar 2005, 19:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Nicosia family
Replies: 50
Views: 51480

Re: Nicosia family

My family is from Sicily as well. Bafia, Castroreale and Barcellona area. Can't help much with Canada unless they came by way of New York. www.ellisislandrecords.com is just a priceless website for searching immigrants.