Search found 26 matches

by goldhunter
17 Sep 2011, 18:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: USA California San Fransisco
Replies: 13
Views: 5232

Re: USA California San Fransisco

Hello Goffredo, I did a people search and found several different names that are related to Goffredo. There is no mention of Anna/Anita's husband? I hope the following info helps. Good luck, ... Jay ps: Hi Suanj! Do you remember me? I helped Alessia find the Morelli family in Pa. 1st) Goffredo Bello...
by goldhunter
16 Jan 2007, 06:01
Topic: Surname Velleca
Replies: 22
Views: 20626

Re: Surname Velleca

Hi,

There is a record at the Castle Garden website for a Francesco Velleca, Dec 16, 1893 from Scafati.
http://www.castlegarden.org/

Jay
by goldhunter
24 May 2006, 23:36
Topic: Chincharo
Replies: 8
Views: 8219

Re: Chincharo

Hi Hilary,

Here's another guess. The surname Giancarlo, although rare, is somewhat concentrated and more common in Cassino than other parts of Italy. It's not too much of a stretch to go from Chincharo-to-Giancarlo.

Just another possibility.

Good luck, ... Jay
by goldhunter
11 May 2006, 20:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Wecper, Italy?
Replies: 19
Views: 14582

Re: Wecper, Italy?

Hi Antonius, My family was from a small commune in the Dolomites, not to far to the north of Trevisio. Around the turn of the century, my great grandfather worked in Germany. For 6 months of the year he would work in Westfalen, (Westfalia) and the rest of the year he would return home to Forno di Zo...
by goldhunter
25 Mar 2006, 03:49
Topic: Thank You so much
Replies: 5
Views: 6117

Re: Thank You so much

Hi Peps,

Say hello to the Morellis for me!

Jay
by goldhunter
24 Dec 2005, 17:31
Topic: Martini, Dalpiez, Prevedel, Terres Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 4240

Re: Martini, Dalpiez, Prevedel, Terres Italy

Hi Shiela, If you have not visited this site before, you way want to check it out. It contains info on the names Dalpiez and Martini from the Trentino area and also Terres. http://www.trentinoheritage.com/emigrate.htm Also, there are church records for Terres from 1806-1923 available for viewing at ...
by goldhunter
07 Sep 2005, 23:50
Topic: Help finding my great grandfather...
Views: 5623

Re: Help finding my great grandfather...

Hi ricktodd2, Do you live in S. California? There are numerous offices throughout the state where you can request a vital record, however, in the Norwalk office anyone can view archived records. They have birth, death and marriage certifcates going back to the 1800's. If you only want to view a reco...
by goldhunter
20 Jul 2005, 05:39
Topic: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???
Replies: 97
Views: 64312

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Earlier today I had a nice conversation with a very pleasant lady named: Pearl Morelli. Pearl is now living in Pennsylvania and said she would be happy to talk to Alessia. She mentioned that she does not remember very much about Angelo and Anna Felici but she did remember that Angelo came to the U.S...
by goldhunter
19 Jul 2005, 15:15

Hi Suanj, I e-mailed Ale to tell her I talked to a Morelli relative and she is very happy. I do know the names of the cities where Pearl, David and James now live. I also have an address for David from the year 2000 that still may be good. I'll do my best to find their telephone numbers. James has a...
by goldhunter
18 Jul 2005, 22:24

Very good Suanj! I thought the mother's name was Anna, just did not know for sure. It was written over on the Death Certificate. I made contact with a member of the Morelli family by marriage. She said that in the U.S. Antonietta went by the name Antonette. That explains some of the confusion with h...
by goldhunter
16 Jul 2005, 22:44

The Morellis did in fact live on Myrtus Ave. Antonietta, (maiden name Felici) and her husband James lived at 5144 and her son Robert and his wife Pearl, at 5142. It is a two family house. The 5144 address was an addition which was added in 1958. They sold the property in 1981. The signatures on the ...
by goldhunter
21 Jun 2005, 09:09
Topic: Pesce/Ciccotelli
Views: 8511

Re: Pesce/Ciccotelli

Hi Dana,

There is an Ellis Island record for a Raffelle Pesce that came to the U.S, in 1921 on the Taormina. His residence at that time was Pine Grove, Pa. If you look through the other records for Raffelle Pesce, you may also find information on his 2 previous trips. http://www.ellisisland.org
by goldhunter
17 Jun 2005, 15:31

Hi Ale, I called the Rosemead library and the lady said there is no listing for the name Morelli in the 1948 or 1951 Temple City, telephone directories. Also, I called St. Luke's catholic church in Temple City. It is the only catholic church in the area and very close to Myrtus. They are going to re...
by goldhunter
16 Jun 2005, 11:34

Hi Ale, It turns out that the addresses 5142 and 5144 Myrtus are both part of the same duplex house. I called Temple City and found out that all the current tax bills are going to the 5142 Myrtus address. Now that we know the house still exists, there is no need to send me pictures. I cannot get to ...
by goldhunter
15 Jun 2005, 14:43

Hi Alessia, You mentioned that you are sure the Morellis owned the home on Myrtus. It's likely that today, the house and neighborhood would look different than in the 60's but there may be something, perhaps a landmark of sorts in the pictures that might be a clue. If you can, scan the pictures and ...