Search found 18 matches
- 28 Oct 2005, 11:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where's Grandpa?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10743
Re: Where's Grandpa?
That's great! 
- 04 Aug 2005, 10:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
- Replies: 20
- Views: 29563
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
That was very helpful. Thanks, Wldspirit. I found some German relatives on the site.
- 03 Aug 2005, 09:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: TEST
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5879
Re: TEST
Debbie,
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I think I had to copy the location of the avatar (after you click "select avatar" AND in addition to selecting the one you want) and paste it, THEN save the changes. THis should work.
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I think I had to copy the location of the avatar (after you click "select avatar" AND in addition to selecting the one you want) and paste it, THEN save the changes. THis should work.
- 19 Jul 2005, 12:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: TEST
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5879
TEST
just testing avatar
- 18 Jul 2005, 22:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29129
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Suanj,
Thank you so much! The info from Ellis Island on Carmela Siani looks like she is the one! Concetta did have a brother called "Frank" (Francesco seems right.)
The other women Maria Briscione , on the other hand, doesn't appear to be the one I'm looking for. She married a Cantore , not a ...
Thank you so much! The info from Ellis Island on Carmela Siani looks like she is the one! Concetta did have a brother called "Frank" (Francesco seems right.)
The other women Maria Briscione , on the other hand, doesn't appear to be the one I'm looking for. She married a Cantore , not a ...
- 18 Jul 2005, 08:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29129
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Debbie,
Antonio and Mary (Concetta) were married on January 18, 1914 at the Transfiguration Catholic Church, 29 Mott St., Manhattan, NY.
Mary's parents were Luigi DeLaurentis/DeLorentis (I've found these 2 spellings) and Carmela (this gets tricky deciphering this....).....what looks like it could ...
Antonio and Mary (Concetta) were married on January 18, 1914 at the Transfiguration Catholic Church, 29 Mott St., Manhattan, NY.
Mary's parents were Luigi DeLaurentis/DeLorentis (I've found these 2 spellings) and Carmela (this gets tricky deciphering this....).....what looks like it could ...
- 18 Jul 2005, 07:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29129
Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Sorry, guess I didn't clarify. Yes, I'm looking for the same person Antonio/Anthony Cantore (whose son is Anthony Cantore AND whose father is Antonio Cantore - 3 generations of Anthonys)
I just got his marriage certificate in the mail. I gambled and sent away for the marriage certificate of ...
I just got his marriage certificate in the mail. I gambled and sent away for the marriage certificate of ...
- 17 Jul 2005, 21:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29129
Antonio Cantore from Salerno
I'm searching for info on Antonio Cantore born circa 1889 in Salerno, Italy. His parents were Antonio Cantore and Maria Brissione (sp?). I think he emigrated with his parents in 1897.
Thank you!
l
Thank you!
- 09 Jul 2005, 20:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4746
Re: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
The address I have for them in 1897 (at the time of Salvatore's birth) was 310 E. 107th St. in Manhattan. I can't believe they're not listed on the census. Bummer.
- 09 Jul 2005, 09:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4746
Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
I'm looking for the Casara or Cassara family in Manhattan, NY in the 1910 Federal Census. (Could also be Casaro)
Carmelo/Carmine Casara (head of household)
Antonina Casara (his wife)
Salvatore Casara (son) - born 1897 in Manhattan, NY.
Anthony Casara (son)
There are other children whose names I'm ...
Carmelo/Carmine Casara (head of household)
Antonina Casara (his wife)
Salvatore Casara (son) - born 1897 in Manhattan, NY.
Anthony Casara (son)
There are other children whose names I'm ...
- 06 Jul 2005, 10:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: women traveling under maiden names?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5067
Re: women traveling under maiden names?
Rats, I thought I had found them.
Thanks for clearing that up.
- 05 Jul 2005, 09:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: women traveling under maiden names?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5067
women traveling under maiden names?
Someone was recently saying on one of the forums that Italian women often travelled under their maiden name. Is that right? It just got me thinking because....:
On the Ellis Island Passenger arrivals, I found, who I believe to be, my great-grandfather, Antonio Cantore. He arrived in New York in ...
On the Ellis Island Passenger arrivals, I found, who I believe to be, my great-grandfather, Antonio Cantore. He arrived in New York in ...
- 01 Jul 2005, 10:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4627
Re: Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari
Thanks, guys. It's always good to know I'm not crazy. Of course, I'm definately going to do some more research. Just thought that was pretty strange.
- 29 Jun 2005, 09:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4627
Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari
Got the birth and marriage certificate for great-grandpa. Last name for his mother on each document are so incredibly different (incidentally, she still has the same first name :wink: )
Antonina Groi
Antonina Dipari
The writing is distinct and unmistakable. Anyone have an explanation? Are these ...
Antonina Groi
Antonina Dipari
The writing is distinct and unmistakable. Anyone have an explanation? Are these ...
- 02 Jun 2005, 23:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Off topic - getting an avatar
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2496
Off topic - getting an avatar
I've tried to save an avatar from those given on the site, but everytime I log off it isn't saved. I've saved it numerous time to no avail - what am I doing wrong? 