Search found 10 matches

by Evana
17 Jun 2005, 19:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Re: Barbalaci
Replies: 21
Views: 12761

Re: Re: Barbalaci

Hi Evana, If the birth record you are looking for is not included in the mircrfilm records for Cicala, you will have to write the town for the information. All requests for informaiton should be in Italian. Here is a link to help write letters to Italy http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/inde...
by Evana
17 Jun 2005, 19:04

Barbalaci / viewing microfilm?

Spilinga is in the same provice as Cicala. Here are the records available for Spilinga: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=topicdetails&subject=749503&subject_disp=Italy%2C+Catanzaro%2C+Spilinga+%2D+Civil+registration&columns=*,0,0 Debbie Th...
by Evana
14 Jun 2005, 18:05

Hi Evana, I sent you the link for Giuseppe Barbalaci. YOu won't get to his manifest through Ellis Island. It is a mislink. What do you want to find on Giuseppe Barbalaci? Debbie I would like to find out the town he came from in Italy. Some how the manifest was researched but I would also like a pic...
by Evana
13 Jun 2005, 20:05

Re: Barbalaci /Muia

I think this is "your" family. 1910 NJ Essex Neward http://img150.echo.cx/img150/7203/1910essexnj6rk.jpg If so it provides alot of informaiton. Let me know if this is the correct census. Debbie Yes, this IS my family!!! I was also trying to find information on Guisepe Barbalaci: arrived: ...
by Evana
12 Jun 2005, 02:16

A quick check on www.mapquest.com turned up two towns named Cicala in modern day Calabria. One is in the province of Cosenza and one is in the province of Catanzaro. Dear Donna, Even more information! I'm familiar with Mapquest and will try to locate the provinces you mentioned and thank you:))) Ev...
by Evana
12 Jun 2005, 02:12

Dear Trish, Your information was very helpful and I will check the sites you gave me. I am grateful for all the help many of you have given me, but my computer is from the " Dinosaur" age! I plan on going to my younger son's house on Sunday so he can help me get to these links quickly:) I ...
by Evana
12 Jun 2005, 01:57

Cicala Common is only in Catanzaro province/Calabria region; the correct surname is Barbalaci, very rare currently in Calabria... regards, suanj Many of you have helped and Suanj, this news is very interesting because I was hoping that I had some family still located in Italy. through all the links...
by Evana
10 Jun 2005, 19:03

Re: Barbalaci

Hi All, I was so wrapped up with the Ellis Island site that I never checked this Forum. I cannot believe how fast many of you found more information, while I was spending hours searching for Marianna Muia. Yes Antony Barbalaci was my Mother's brother but I have to reread the information you sent to ...
by Evana
09 Jun 2005, 22:31

Debbie, Thank you so much! I did find original birth , marriage,and death certificates quickly. I could not locate specific towns or comunes as you mentioned but will check the sites you offered and here is more information: maternal: Domenica M. Barbalaci ( Barbalacci ; marriage certificate) Birth:...
by Evana
09 Jun 2005, 21:29

I am looking for any information regarding the Barbalaci Family. My mother's name was Margaret Dominica Barbalaci and my grandmother's surname was Muia. I believe there were 6 siblings: Michael, Anthony, Augie, Anna, Nora, and Margaret . Their parents were immigrants from Colabria (sp) entering Elli...