Search found 38 matches
- 28 Jul 2017, 02:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Certificate Needed (Info Needed)
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3879
Marriage Certificate Needed (Info Needed)
I am looking for information about my great grandparents wedding. Peter Cheroti or (Cerruti) and Madaline Agnes Becker. Peter was born in Cook County Illinois, Jan 8 1912 in Winnetka Ill. My great grandmother Madaline Agnes Becker, Born 11-16-1916 in Exeter Nebraska. They were both living in ...
- 10 May 2017, 08:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
So was her Italian cognome Meloni or Melone?
Anyways I think I am in luck, I see no records of Naturalization for Teofilo Cerutti or Cerruti or Cheroti
https://www.myheritage.com/research?formId=immigration-norels&formMode=&action=query&exactSearch=0&useTranslation=1&qname=Name+ln.cheroti&p=2
Anyways I think I am in luck, I see no records of Naturalization for Teofilo Cerutti or Cerruti or Cheroti
https://www.myheritage.com/research?formId=immigration-norels&formMode=&action=query&exactSearch=0&useTranslation=1&qname=Name+ln.cheroti&p=2
- 10 May 2017, 07:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
So was her Italian cognome Meloni or Melone?
- 10 May 2017, 07:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
Thank you Suanj I think you really put everything together. Those ship manifests have to be them, it makes total sense.
- 10 May 2017, 07:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
Yes, I just need info on naturalization on birth of great grandfather on Jan, 08 1912. If he was not naturalized then I can get my citizenship.
- 10 May 2017, 06:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
I totally believe you are correct though. Im trying to see if I can zoom in on the manifest to see naturalization.
- 10 May 2017, 04:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
The paper I did see I remember he left from the port of Genoa. So perhaps that was the first time he came to the u.s. and said he was from orvieto.
- 10 May 2017, 04:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
My Uncle has an original boarding pass of his. I have seen it before but have forgot the information. But i did remember it did say bracciante on it. I just called him less than a week ago to have him send me a copy of the paper. I will look at all of this information when I get back home tonight ...
- 09 May 2017, 09:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
Where do I find out about the naturalization of Teofilo?
- 09 May 2017, 02:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
Thank you everybody, Suanj how do I go about doing this affidavit? I am feeling overwhelmed on the process. Should I be feeling this way? From what you had said Suanj all this information is great news right? Attached is what Mark Masi at ICAP (Italian Citizenship Assistance Program) lastly wrote to ...
- 07 May 2017, 09:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
Pictures Continued
- 07 May 2017, 09:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5930
Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza
I contacted ICAP out of the Chicago area and have posted on here about 10 years ago. Because my ancestor went by Teofilo Cheroti after being here in the state for a while instead of his given name from what I can infer I was told the embassy will have a problem with that. I just want my dual ...
- 13 Feb 2017, 08:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cheroti Heritage
- Replies: 24
- Views: 16016
Re: Cheroti Heritage
And yes, the outline is correct Wild Spirit.
- 13 Feb 2017, 08:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cheroti Heritage
- Replies: 24
- Views: 16016
Re: Cheroti Heritage
I have seen the original birth certificate, Teofilo was a bracciante -day laborer and on the birth certificate i believe it said he was from Genoa. While looking online though I have seen also Orvieto, Italy. I just want my dual citizenship and am not on great terms with other family to ask to have ...
- 13 Feb 2017, 08:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cheroti Heritage
- Replies: 24
- Views: 16016
Re: Cheroti Heritage
It has been a while, I am working on getting my dual citizenship. I believe the father of Peter Joseph Cheroti was Teofilo Cheroti (Cerutti). My grandfathers name was Robert Leon Cheroti and he was married to my grandmother Karen Raught, both are now deceased.