Search found 5 matches

by Andrea1974
27 Sep 2005, 14:35
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian language
Replies: 16
Views: 27561

Re: Italian language

Andrea.. the Sardo coming from greek and latin language. ..as italian.... but the italian language is perfectioned in the centuries, the Sardinia language, because isle, having an close culture and withholding archaic words it has had various evolution.. with most strong spanish's influences ... af...
by Andrea1974
26 Sep 2005, 20:32
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian language
Replies: 16
Views: 27561

Re: Italian language

I am curious does anyone know the answer to some of these questions? I have heard it said that Sicilian is closer to the Original Latin than is Italian, also what dialect is spoken most in Sicily today? (Italian or Sicilian) Also does Sardinia have a different dialect that mainland Italy and Sicily...
by Andrea1974
26 Sep 2005, 20:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pellegrini/Lombardini
Replies: 55
Views: 37259

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

[quote="mfjp"]Well... I'm outa here... my coffee maker broke... out to get a new one... Should be an interesting evening... will see what I can find later... Quite the interesting family though... but tragic... Fanny named her 2 daughters after close family members who both lost their live...
by Andrea1974
26 Sep 2005, 20:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: I would like some info on SABIO, ITALY
Replies: 10
Views: 12741

Re: I would like some info on SABIO, ITALY

tw8872 wrote:thi sis where my ansestors are from...i belive it is in the mountains somewhere, but more info would be appreciated, hopefully i can visit it sometime.

are you sure that's not Savio or Sabbio?
ciao
Andrea
by Andrea1974
26 Sep 2005, 19:56
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Sicilian Death Doc Translation
Replies: 4
Views: 4600

Re: Sicilian Death Doc Translation

Ciao, i think there's written that he's dead because "per essere caduto un pezzo di miniera" that it means "bacause a part of the mine crashed" and than there's written also "professione minatore". He was 45 years old and the part your friend didn't transalte is "F...