Search found 8 matches

by fradiavolo
12 May 2006, 09:58
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Any Information About the Province of Frosinone, Lazio
Replies: 8
Views: 9250

Re: Any Information About the Province of Frosinone, Lazio

Frosinone is the province in the Regione del Lazio.
It's area o territory is called Ciociaria
Many assume this name was given by the traditional "shoes" they wore: CIOCIE
But the reality is another
http://www.spazioforum.it/forums/cittad ... out99.html
by fradiavolo
12 May 2006, 09:42
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Una poesia di Aldo Fabrizi
Replies: 8
Views: 11445

Re: Una poesia di Aldo Fabrizi

Poetry is more related to music then literature.
Here.
Sacrilege

Everywere (people) dine while standing
the old little table with tablecloth
That seemed a sacred altar
its no longer used
The continuos hurrying has abolished it.

In times gone dinner was a ritual
you would sit nice and calm
You ...
by fradiavolo
11 May 2006, 21:38
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Una poesia di Aldo Fabrizi
Replies: 8
Views: 11445

Re: Una poesia di Aldo Fabrizi

I will, tomorrow... it's 1.30 in the night.
Strange I write in English or in italian but I NEVER translate one into the other.
But I will translate this one. Trouble is, the sweetness of this poem is in the roman idiom.
I Love Thomas Hardy. Have all his books and the book of poems.
Love
Fernando
by fradiavolo
11 May 2006, 13:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Alessandro Inglese Birth Act Translation
Replies: 36
Views: 40432

Re: Alessandro Inglese Birth Act Translation

Hi Kim,
if you are interested in knowing anything regarding Fondi, let me know.
Fernando
fseconnino@hotmail.com
I have this website with lots of pictures of Fondi, there are also poems in English and italian.
http://freeweb.supereva.com/seconnino/index.htm?p
by fradiavolo
11 May 2006, 10:02
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Una poesia di Aldo Fabrizi
Replies: 8
Views: 11445

Una poesia di Aldo Fabrizi

SACRILEGIO

Oggi se pranza in piedi in ogni sito;
er vecchio tavolino apparecchiato,
che pareva un artare consacrato
nun s'usa più: la prescia l'ha abolito.

'Na vorta er pranzo somijava a un rito,
t'accommodavi pracido e beato,
aprivi la sarvietta de bucato...
un grazie a Cristo e poi... bon ...
by fradiavolo
09 May 2006, 01:36
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Le finalita` di questa bacheca.
Replies: 8
Views: 12358

Re: Le finalita` di questa bacheca.

I apologise to have created a bad first impression.
It was only meant to be constructive but... yes it is true, I haven't spent enough time to familiarise myself with the site.
I hope it will be better next time.
I didn't barge in to criticise but to see how I could contribute.
Fernando
by fradiavolo
08 May 2006, 07:46
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Le finalita` di questa bacheca.
Replies: 8
Views: 12358

Le finalita` di questa bacheca.

Da qualche giorno girovago in questo sito . Una cosa non capisco.
Questa bacheca dovrebbe occuparsi di storia e cultura italiana, invece e` una bacheca generale con topics di ogni tipo.
Bisognerebbe mettere e mantenere un certo ordine e gli utenti dovrebbero mantenersi ad esso.
Un saluto a tutti ...