Search found 7 matches

by msalvatori
28 Jul 2006, 22:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Did Pronunciation or spellings of Surnames change in America
Replies: 8
Views: 8477

Re: Did Pronunciation or spellings of Surnames change in Ame

Yes, I find that agents at Ellis Island wrote the last names and residences of many arrivals whatever way they figured it was spelled. My grandfather is listed as Oreste Salvatore when he is really Oreste Salvatori. Alot of his relatives, the same thing happened when they came over I find in their l...
by msalvatori
27 Jul 2006, 22:15
Topic: Children of Giacomo and Aurora Salvatori of Sorbo
Replies: 6
Views: 4683

Re: Children of Giacomo and Aurora Salvatori of Sorbo

I have my letter typed and ready to go....I am excited!!! :D
by msalvatori
27 Jul 2006, 18:18

Re: Children of Giacomo and Aurora Salvatori of Sorbo

Thanks!! I am pretty sure that Vincenzo is a cousin though, not a brother. He would be the brother of Sebastiano, another cousin who settled in Yonkers. I looked at the ship manifest for my grandfather and it said he would be residing with "cousin Vincenzo Salvatori." Also, if I remember c...
by msalvatori
27 Jul 2006, 00:12
Topic: Ellis Island site
Replies: 3
Views: 4576

Re: Ellis Island site

Thanks for verifying. I am close enough to Ellis Island where I could go personally. I guess I will have to make a day of it!!
by msalvatori
26 Jul 2006, 22:58
Topic: Ellis Island site
Replies: 3
Views: 4576

Ellis Island site

What years are included in the Ellis Island data? My father believes they stop at 1924. I thought since the website has been up a few years, they would have added more data by now. My grandmothers name was Angelina (DeAngelis) Salvatori. She would have came to America sometime between 1925 and 1931....
by msalvatori
26 Jul 2006, 22:55

Children of Giacomo and Aurora Salvatori of Sorbo

I am trying to find out how many children were born to my Great-grandparents Giacomo and Aurora Salvatori of Sorbo(di Tagliacozzo). My grandfather, Oreste(Emilio) is their son. Oreste was born 5/15/1900 and died in June of 1955. He came to America in the 1920's and lived in Yonkers. I know he came o...