Search found 17 matches

by rad9496
15 Jan 2010, 20:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Zarrelli/Angelicola/Iacaruso/Cicchetti
Replies: 2
Views: 3494

Surnames Zarrelli/Angelicola/Iacaruso/Cicchetti

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the following surnames from the Celenza Valfortore region of Italy. Zarelli, Angelicola, Iacaruso, & Cicchetti. Specifically, I am looking for accurate information on the ancestors of a Giovannina Zarrelli who married Michele Stefano Angelicol...
by rad9496
31 Dec 2009, 15:40
Topic: Angelicola surname in Celenza, Foggia
Replies: 40
Views: 57586

Re: Angelicola surname in Celenza, Foggia

Thanks for the follow up information on the Angelicolas. You mentioned that you had an older relative who might still be in contact with the Angelicolas from West Porter Street or elsewhere in Waterbury. I was wondering if she had any information on the mother of the Angelicolas that settled there? ...
by rad9496
15 Jan 2009, 22:32

Hi. Thanks for jumping on this strand about the Angelicola's from Waterbury, CT I agree with you that it is very confusing and you're right about there being at least 2 (maybe 3) Angelicola families in and around Waterbury. If you read the previous posts I have here, you'll see that I am a genealogi...
by rad9496
29 Jul 2008, 15:11

Hi, Thank you so much for responding to this strand, again. I am still researching this family and I am ALMOST [/i] sure that your family and this one are related. Not so much directly from the US side but the Italy side. What I think happened is that once they migrated from Italy, both factions wen...
by rad9496
26 Jul 2008, 15:46

Hi - My name is Riccardo Angelicola. I am first generation Italian and my parents came here from Celenza. My Grandfathers name was Leonardo. He was born and died in Celenza. I have been there a couple of times in the 80's (lots of Angelicolas in the cemetery) and my parents still go. I have one unc...
by rad9496
22 Jul 2007, 00:12
Topic: Mary English - niece of Michele S. Angelicola (Waterbury,CT)
Replies: 0
Views: 3444

Mary English - niece of Michele S. Angelicola (Waterbury,CT)

Hi everyone, I am researching the family tree of a Michele S. Angelicola (male) who died on 09-14-1945 in Waterbury, CT. One possible line of information that eludes me would be from any information about a niece of his mentioned in his obituary named Mary English (unknown if married or maiden name)...
by rad9496
19 Jul 2007, 20:44

Hi, No..not a relative just doing research. I am pretty sure that your Angelicola's and the Angelicola's I'm researching are related. The same names appear together too frequently for it to be coincidence. They shared the same neighborhood and point of origin to be not of the same family. Typically,...
by rad9496
18 Jul 2007, 21:31

Hi all! Don't mean to jump into a strand, my great-grandfather was a Michael Angelicola, from Foggia, and followed a similar immigration pattern to many of these other Angelicolas and moved to Waterbury (CT). I also remember a Mary Caruso in my family. Anyhow, glad to see my family surname getting ...
by rad9496
24 Jun 2007, 14:00

Hi. From what I can see. The Zarrelli in this family is Giovannina (or Giovanna on some documents) Zarelli who was the wife of Michele S. Angelicola. He came to the US in 1929 and died approx. 15 years later in Waterbury, CT. They had 6 children - Nicola, Angelina, Maria, Caterina, Batisto and Salva...
by rad9496
22 Jun 2007, 17:26

Wow! That's some awesome info. Thanks for chiming in on my research so far. Like I've posted in some previous entries, my research into this family comes to a dead end around 1845 or so in Italy where I believe his name was Nicola Angelicola (based on how they traditionally named their children) and...
by rad9496
28 Dec 2006, 14:38

Hi. On the contrary, thanks for jumping on. This is how most information gets exchanged -- by people recoginizing a name and chiming in on what they know. From what I've gathered so far on my research, there were TWO Angelicola families that came to the Waterbury, CT area around the same time from F...
by rad9496
04 Dec 2006, 14:24

Hi. From what I can gather, this person was named Giovannina Zarelli on several copies of death certificates that I was able to obtain. I also know that she died before 1945 as Michele's death certificate states that he was a widower when he passed in 1945 -- that would mean she died before 1945. I ...
by rad9496
27 Nov 2006, 12:01

Doing somemore research and I found that the spelling (as far as I can tell) has always been Angelicola and NOT Angelicolo. It was due to a transcription error on the clerk who processed Nicola when he registered for the draft in WW1. Funny how that followed him throughout his life. The Social Secur...
by rad9496
22 Nov 2006, 14:36

Interesting how the spelling changes from Angelicol a to Angelicol o . I wonder, now, if the spelling is really Angelicolo or if it was just a typo. It is hard to tell but he appears to have signed the form like it as well. Maybe he didn't want to correct the person at the desk? Who knows. It would ...
by rad9496
18 Nov 2006, 12:53

Thanks. This is helpful information. I will look all this up online. ~rad9496 :P