Hello
I will be visiting Solarino the end of May and into June 2024 and will be my first trip there. My Grandfather Giuseppe Germano was born 1898 to Pietro Germano and Salvatrice Burgo. He immagrated to the US in 1920. I would like to find some distance relatives but unsure how that will go. If ...
Search found 19 matches
- 02 Apr 2024, 19:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Germano's from Solarino
- Replies: 1
- Views: 315
- 04 Mar 2015, 22:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Solarino
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3024
Re: Solarino
Hey Anizio,
thanks for the insight. I kind of figured that was the case being of transportation issues back then and families just not packing up and moving to different towns, very understandable. I appreciate your response and information. Most were listed as farmers so I guess they were content ...
thanks for the insight. I kind of figured that was the case being of transportation issues back then and families just not packing up and moving to different towns, very understandable. I appreciate your response and information. Most were listed as farmers so I guess they were content ...
- 04 Mar 2015, 02:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Solarino
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3024
Solarino
Hello all,
my grandfather Giuseppe Germano was born in Solarino (Siragusa region in Sicily). I've done research and some of my ancestors names were Germano, Burgo, Califiore, Catinella, Oliva, Aparo, Adorno, Carrubba, Biondo, and a few others. While doing my research I noticed that many of the ...
my grandfather Giuseppe Germano was born in Solarino (Siragusa region in Sicily). I've done research and some of my ancestors names were Germano, Burgo, Califiore, Catinella, Oliva, Aparo, Adorno, Carrubba, Biondo, and a few others. While doing my research I noticed that many of the ...
- 14 Oct 2007, 00:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More Help Please
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6462
Re: More Help Please
Thanks peggy,
Through my findings I have and ancestor Pietro Catinella who was born 1803-1805 and married a Maria Amenta in 1828. I have a death document for a Antonina Germano aged 50 years old who died in 1858 and her husband appears to be Pietro Catinella in which they were married in 1829. I ...
Through my findings I have and ancestor Pietro Catinella who was born 1803-1805 and married a Maria Amenta in 1828. I have a death document for a Antonina Germano aged 50 years old who died in 1858 and her husband appears to be Pietro Catinella in which they were married in 1829. I ...
- 13 Oct 2007, 23:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More Help Please
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6462
More Help Please
In a death document, when it is written:
Antonina Germano vedova di Pietro Catinella.
Does it mean that Pietro Catinella is a widower and was married before?
Ron
Antonina Germano vedova di Pietro Catinella.
Does it mean that Pietro Catinella is a widower and was married before?
Ron
- 13 Oct 2007, 22:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need Translation Help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4984
Re: Need Translation Help
wishyou,
Thanks so much.
Thanks so much.
- 13 Oct 2007, 22:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need Translation Help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4984
Need Translation Help
Hello All,
I am trying to tranlate a death document.
The word looks like congiagato??? or something like it.
The document reads:
Giuseppe Calafiore congiagato con Antonina Larosa.
Is he a spouse a companion or living with, can't figure what the word means.
Thanks for any help.
Ron
I am trying to tranlate a death document.
The word looks like congiagato??? or something like it.
The document reads:
Giuseppe Calafiore congiagato con Antonina Larosa.
Is he a spouse a companion or living with, can't figure what the word means.
Thanks for any help.
Ron
- 30 May 2007, 20:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Document for Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4459
Re: Document for Translation
Hmmm,
Try this. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I can't get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.
Ron
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z151 ... mano1_.jpg
Try this. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I can't get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.
Ron
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z151 ... mano1_.jpg
- 30 May 2007, 19:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Document for Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4459
Document for Translation
Hello all,
I am back from vacation and I thank you for the responses. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I can't get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.
Ron
s191.photobucket.com/a...Death_.jpg
I am back from vacation and I thank you for the responses. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I can't get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.
Ron
s191.photobucket.com/a...Death_.jpg
- 28 May 2007, 14:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translators
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5093
Re: Translators
Hello all,
I am back from vacation and I thank you for the responses. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.
Ron
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z151/ronb116/?action=view ...
I am back from vacation and I thank you for the responses. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.
Ron
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z151/ronb116/?action=view ...
- 17 May 2007, 23:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translators
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5093
Translators
First of all I'd like to thank all the people in this forum who take the time to help out us newbies in here. It's very kind of you and evidently your here to help. My question is, is there anybody who really enjoys translating the old documents and takes it on as a challenge or is it to just help ...
- 17 May 2007, 05:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Help Please
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6039
Re: Translation Help Please
liviomoreno,
Thank you very much for taking the time, I was stuck on her age at death, her mother being single, and the gravediggers. You cleared a big question mark for me.
Ron
Thank you very much for taking the time, I was stuck on her age at death, her mother being single, and the gravediggers. You cleared a big question mark for me.
Ron
- 16 May 2007, 21:23
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help With Posting a Scan
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10221
Re: Need Help With Posting a Scan
HeyBob,
thanks so much for your help, I got it but almost went crazy in the process. Thanks Again.
Ron
thanks so much for your help, I got it but almost went crazy in the process. Thanks Again.
Ron
- 16 May 2007, 21:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Help Please
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6039
Translation Help Please
Could someone please translate this for me about Sebastiana Germano? I have used websites for the translation and got an idea of what it says but I'm alittle confused in some areas. Would appreciate any help, Thanks.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z151 ... mano1_.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z151 ... mano1_.jpg
- 16 May 2007, 03:00
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help With Posting a Scan
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10221
Re: Need Help With Posting a Scan
Hey Cathy,
actualy I'm trying to post a scan of a death certificate to get help with the translation. When trying to post I put the subject in subject line, put a message in the message body, then I click browse for the document that is on my computer, when I try to attach the document to the ...
actualy I'm trying to post a scan of a death certificate to get help with the translation. When trying to post I put the subject in subject line, put a message in the message body, then I click browse for the document that is on my computer, when I try to attach the document to the ...